Convince me not to buy a HONDA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
17yrOldStanger said:
Honda this Honda that. "my hatch runs ____ with only 6k in it" we've all heard it. you hatch is gutted somehow and it weighs nothing to begin with. A 2003 Acura better run in the mid 14s, especially one with 219 rwhp. Run a stock 03 cobra in a stock civic, acura, whatever and there you have it. Hell, run a Z06 stock and see what happens. Honda is a commuter car, not a race car. No reason to deck them out. In a hurry to clock in 100 miles away? Ill wipe my ass with these Hondas. Im not gonna lie, there are tons out there thatll hand me my ass on a silver platter, but with someone elses motor. Alls i ever hear is "I did this ____ motor swap". B16, H22, breaker 1-9. They need code names bc there are no cubes in those.

Rant done. I apologize if anyone is offended. Opinions are opinions. We must respect them all. I respect everyones on here, so no e-thuggin on me. :rolleyes:

im just tellin you the truth, i mean i did it there is proof. and you can always remove alot more to a car that weighs nuthing to begin with. hey its all good, and i agree i said the honda is a commuter car and i never would have been in the import scene if that was not all i could afford. i had to wait 3 yrs now for my insurance to go down and change companies, now im goin for the stang. i did the car at the time b/c i bought it as a commuter but hated how slow it was. i just had to change that. i agree the v8 is a sports car the honda commuter. that stang will sound WAY better any day. i said all this already. i just ahe how some people are sooooo quick to yell at me and call me names b/c i have a honda. i mean lots of my friends have stangs and they are coll with me and most people that get to know me dont care that i have a honda. im a car guy and i like anything thats fast. sometimes people get stuck with a honda for money purposes or insurance and latter get more cash and just decide why not make it fast. i mean i know a guy who has a teg that runs 11.6 and he just recently got a camaro and built that. he likes them both but hes a huge fan of the sleepers and hie teg goes to the strip and wins him cash b/c no one honestly thinks they will loose to it(looks BONE stock). i dunno some people prefer different things. i mean i want a v8 stang for a drag car but for wintere and commutin ill buy a old honda or sumthin to get good gas and commute and jsut leave that stock.

• Sponsors (?)

U got issues if your car must reflect your manliness. But anyway, there are a couple non biased responses in this thread. Like I said getting that car for 5g's is a pretty good deal. I would take him down further. And if autocross is your thing dont get a Honda. Hondas suck entering the turns (I had a turbo Integ). Start looking at Miatas, RX7 or something along those lines. My old Miata would rip pretty much any car you bring. Go for one of those.

RydeOn said:
U got issues if your car must reflect your manliness. But anyway, there are a couple non biased responses in this thread. Like I said getting that car for 5g's is a pretty good deal. I would take him down further. And if autocross is your thing dont get a Honda. Hondas suck entering the turns (I had a turbo Integ). Start looking at Miatas, RX7 or something along those lines. My old Miata would rip pretty much any car you bring. Go for one of those.

Sure your car doesn't reflect your manliness (cough vette owners cough), but you must admit when you're driving around in your stang (that you put your sweat into to make a performer), there's a sense of pride that goes along with it. Which you would't have driving around in an econobox.

Also yes, the integra may handle better now, but there is a ceiling. You have to contend with both torque steer (when you up the power), and slow entrance speeds in corners (due to understeer, which if you don't notice, your driving skills haven't used the cars full potential). As RydeOn mentioned you probably would like a rwd import better.

85GTlover, no offense taken...that was my point--everyone knows the S2000 is on a diff. level, yet most here would still take a nice stang over it (which means the integra is not even an option).

GET THE TEGGIE....i need a snack. j/k.

it sounds to me like you've already made up your mind. i'm not going to tell you stangs are the **** or anything like that, but i honestly believe that under the circumstances you are making the wrong decision. of course this is just my opinion. while the little teggie will corner much better than your stock stang, that advantage is lost on the straights where the stang pulls away. start modding the stang and it will corner AND have the pwr/tq on the straights. also, you might want to check out cornercarvers.com etc and see what those guys are saying about handling. i'll bet they don't recommend fwd. if you MUST have an import i'd suggest a nice rear driver like the miata.

-steve

beemrmem3 said:
Ok so there is this guy at work that i am pretty good friends with. He will sell me his 95 integra with a good suspension on it, the b18c5 motor(type R), that has cams and a few other bolt ons. It also has the japanese front end. I drove the car. Its just as fast as my car, if not faster, handles better, and is fun to drive(reving to 8600 :) )

The reason i want it is because im more into road racing/lapping/autoxing now. And i need a car that handles well. Another reason i want this car is because he will sell it to me for only 5000!!! I still owe 2000 on my car. So if i can sell my car for 7000 with everything its got on it(which i think i can) then no more PAYMENTS!! I would save 300 a month, thats gas/insurance/payments. It also has 45,000 less miles then my car. I cant decide what to do. I might cry watching someone else drive my car away knowing its not coming back. I might cry also knowing i own a honda!!! But i like driving it. And i think it would better for me right now at least. Until i can afford a Z06 of Ford GT :nice:

THe honda would be nice for you right now, but remember its fwd. If your confident in your driving skills stick to the stang. If you feel you need a bit more work to control the stang then go with the honda to improve driving skills. I doubt the honda will get much better milage cuz its upped in high rpm power. And you need premium gas for it which you dont need right now. Also, when finances allow you can always convert to a MM 3-link setup or a Steeda 5-link. I think you will enjoy driving the car much more once you do that. I'm not the type of person that will rag on someone for buying a honda. But if you want to stick to rwd and feel you need something a bit milder, consider a miata. Those things are hella fun to drive and they wont get you into too much trouble. I personally think I should have started out with one of those before I got into stangs. Then maybe I wouldent have wrapped my first one around a tree. But hey....you live and learn. THe choice is up to you, I've said my peace.

This questions has been done to death a bunch of times. Buy it or don't buy most of are on the boards for Mustangs. Go hit the import boards and I'm sure this question will have less hits with more postitive answers.

I agree with a couple of things posted so far. First off, if you must do import and you really are into auto-x...then why the heck a FWD Honda? Do a RX7 or 240, RWD, faster, and they're actually considered sports cars, not econoboxes. Secondly I agree with the manliness factor here...I would much rather pick up a date in a GT/Cobra than a Honda.. But hey that's me, maybe I just have issues :rolleyes:

Just for the record, I'm not against imports...I love all the rwd sports cars imports (RX7, Supra, etc..) I just don't like the whole 4door econobox 4cyl trend...whether it be import or domestic.

just a quick opinion on the rx-7 and such though:

while i think the rx-7 is a SWEET car and i have driven those at a track and taken through corners several times(LOVED IT) it also has many drawbacks. first those cars are extremely high maintenance and the insurance is SKY HIGH. also finding a 3rd gen is gonna cost over 15 grand for one thats in good condition. my buddie recently put his into a curb bein a moron but those cars are definately where its at if you like cornering and drifting. otherwise man look into an ol s13silvia(in japan) AKA 91-93 240sx. you can get one for around a grand with a bad engine and then swap in the sr20 and the car will turn high 13's with the engine in it if you can drive it well. besides those cars are GREAT for handling and drifting. they still get good gas mileage, are cheap on insurance, and if done right very reliable. personally i dont think they look anywhere nears as good as a stang less its like a 98 240 with the s14 or s15 conversion on it. i agree about the understeer and torque steer to. my honda sucks with it. i hate fwd so this is why i chose the stang. given your situation if you could afford the stang i would keep it b/c trust me even though i get good mileage and have cheap insurance i still wish i had a nice gt over the honda anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.