Craigslist mechanic does "hyperformance modifacations"

nisreo

Jul 22, 2006
Though this was funny enough to post.

auto repair at low prices the econemy is bad don't pay way to much fa (lincon RI)

no job to big or small we do it all why pay these rip off mecanhics when you can deal with me i have well 17 years as a auto tech at car dearships and i just opened my own buisness email me me with a contact # i will call you asap i also specilize in hyperformance modifacations mustang 5.0, we install rear end gears, heads supercharchers we also build race engines or even mild street car motors, camaros chevells so on and so forth and and also do top shelf auto body repair from dents,rust repair or complete ground up restorations at fair prices and custum paint of any type like i said i am very smart and fair with$$$$$ as soon as i have my buines line hooked up it will be posted

• Sponsors (?)

Call me arrogant or an A-hole or whatever you want, but one of my pet peeves is proper spelling and grammar. Now i know this is the net, so i'm not talking about missing periods here and there and a random misspelling, but if I am trying to buy a car, and the salesman is using terms like "Ain'ts gots no" or "We don't got none" or simple grammer rules, i get extremely turned off. Same goes with BLATENT misspellings of words.

Yes i know that makes me look like a stuck-up Ahole, but it's just a peeve of mine.

Call me arrogant or an A-hole or whatever you want, but one of my pet peeves is proper spelling and grammar. Now i know this is the net, so i'm not talking about missing periods here and there and a random misspelling, but if I am trying to buy a car, and the salesman is using terms like "Ain'ts gots no" or "We don't got none" or simple grammer rules, i get extremely turned off. Same goes with BLATENT misspellings of words.

Yes i know that makes me look like a stuck-up Ahole, but it's just a peeve of mine.

That's not arrogant at all. When you're claiming to be a professional, but you don't convey that message in your actions or vocabulary, you lose my respect immediately. Whatever services you were going to provide at that point, I'll be having someone else perform.

A Google search will land you a neat little gem call IEspell that checks your Internet text for spelling errors.

ieSpell - Download

I have gotten in a hurry typing a message and then spent more time correcting the spelling and grammar errors than I did creating the message...

Even firefox will highlight something in red like word does when you spell something wrong.

But I wonder what hyper performance mods are, maybe speed of light type mods.

He meant HIGH performance modifications.

I am not a spelling or grammar expert myself (LOL I am terrible at both) so I really don't hold it against others but I can see how somebody would be turned off by a posting like that. The thing that bothers me about it is that he found it acceptable to post that, he should have somebody else write his ad's for a more professional look, that makes me question his intelligence.

With that said lets not mistake spelling or grammar with intelligence. This guy might not be able to spell well but he might be a great mechanic. Might even have a really high IQ who knows?

apparently you dont need to be smart to spell well. is that bill?
Crap i fergotted two adz that i do gooder work then the guy up the skreet wif the mexican guy that works there i kan maak ur Mustnag faster then the cameros buy doin a LS swap intwo it. :nice: Lik eye sayed i iz smart and do the gooderest work. :banana: