Crappy morning

Hey dudes,

I literally spent ALL DAY on Sunday detailing Natasha. I washed her around 10am. Then took a break for an hour or so and played Rock Band. Hit some spots with the clay bar. Then used Swirl-X on the hood and trunk lid. Took another break to eat lunch. Then vacuumed the interior and cleaned the inside with Armor All wipes. Finished up by waxing the car, including the rims, then dressed the tires.

It was a lot of work, but needless to say, she looked GOOD. On Monday morning, I kept looking back at her while walking in to work.

So here's the pisser. The geniuses at my homeowner's association decided to repave the parking lot at my condo. So I had to park on the street last night. Of course there were no spots other than way the hell down the street from my place. Anyway, I go out to my car this morning to go to work, and the hood, roof and whole right side of the car is covered in water spots!!! I guess the sprinklers were running or something and sprayed water all over my car. I don't know what the hell is in our water here, but the water spots were HELLA hard to get off!! I just went at them with some Quik Detailer and a microfiber towel. I spent about 10 minutes rubbing so hard that I was sweating. To top it off, I was late for work.

Frickin' A man. If I had had a gun in my hand this morning, I would have shot somebody. All that work wasted!!! Anyway, just wanted to vent to people who would understand.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn.... that sucks. I can relate. I had to park my car on my buddy's street one night and his sprinklers hit the car all night long, hard water spots for months.

There's this stuff called a-maz that really works. I haven't tried their stuff for cars, but the glass cleaner is awesome... err amazing.

I'm thinking about trying a bottle of this:

A-MAZ

Thanks for the link. I was wondering if there was a product that was made for removing water spots from a car's paint.

I had water spots on my car a few months ago and I tried removing them with a clay bar. The water spots just laughed. :mad:

I FEEL YOU 100%!

Friday evening after work I cleaned and detailed the car - That night? Rain.. with dirt

Saturday I wake up early, spend the whole day cleaning up, waxing, the whole bit. - Woke up the next morning with water spots all over, AGAIN.

Sunday, I begrudgingly repeat the process, minus the wax and it's 101 F with 25% humidity. I don't even need spray detailer because THE SWEAT POURING FROM MY HEAD was all over the car. As I'm slaving away, I feel a drop of water hit my neck.. I pause and silently almost have a short word with God. Then it starts, a fine drizzle all over the car. To my dismay, I look up and see sunshine and not a cloud within miles. I just threw the rag up the air and said, "***** my life" and went inside.

Needless to say, I'm ordering a car cover this weekend :mad:

I know EXACTLY how you feel! After doing the exact same thing to my car, there was a huge storm 3 days later. :( It actually seems to happen a lot... I think I may have the power to summon rain! :D

And today, I washed my windshield & hood because they were really dirty & it was hard to see through the windshield... Clouds come and sprinkles rain all over it. :p

I feel your pain. I have a slightly different problem. My car seems to be a bird-poop magnet. The second day after I got it (2 weeks ago) I walk outside and it looked like I had been attacked by an entire flock. Last Saturday morning I detailed it and I've been bombed every single day since then. Feel like showing Tweety the business side of a 12 guage.

I FEEL YOU 100%!

Friday evening after work I cleaned and detailed the car - That night? Rain.. with dirt

Saturday I wake up early, spend the whole day cleaning up, waxing, the whole bit. - Woke up the next morning with water spots all over, AGAIN.

Sunday, I begrudgingly repeat the process, minus the wax and it's 101 F with 25% humidity. I don't even need spray detailer because THE SWEAT POURING FROM MY HEAD was all over the car. As I'm slaving away, I feel a drop of water hit my neck.. I pause and silently almost have a short word with God. Then it starts, a fine drizzle all over the car. To my dismay, I look up and see sunshine and not a cloud within miles. I just threw the rag up the air and said, "***** my life" and went inside.
Needless to say, I'm ordering a car cover this weekend :mad:

Sorry for your pain, but thanks for the laugh.

I cut my workout short yesterday and re-waxed the hood, roof and right side last night. I had JUST enough wax left in the bottle to finish the job.

I feel your pain. I have a slightly different problem. My car seems to be a bird-poop magnet. The second day after I got it (2 weeks ago) I walk outside and it looked like I had been attacked by an entire flock. Last Saturday morning I detailed it and I've been bombed every single day since then. Feel like showing Tweety the business side of a 12 guage.

I hear ya. I hate bird crap on my car, and I'm a bird lover. I've had Parrots for years. And what the hell do wild birds eat?!?!? Sometimes it's hella hard to get their crap off my car!!

About a year ago, I was sitting in a parking lot on my lunch hour in my 95 GT and I hear a pretty loud, "Ka-blump" on the roof. I was like, "What the hell was that?" I get out and about half my roof and some of the windshield is covered in crap!!! I was like, "What the hell, did a Pteradactyl just fly over?" I couldn't believe the amount of crap that came out of that bird.

I always take a nap in my car on my lunch break. I always try to park in the shade so my car's not hella hot when I come out in the afternoon. Sometimes it's hard to find a shady spot that isn't directly under a tree. You have to avoid parking under trees because of the bird crap; not to mention the occasional sap globs.

I know how that goes. Everytime I wash my car it takes birds about 2 hours to start attacking it. I think they like to **** on shiny black Mustangs because my truck sitting directly under the tree never has any on it. It's been a couple of weeks since I have washed the Stang because it seems to rain every other day recently and have not had any birds vandalize it. It's a damn bird conspiracy I tell ya.

Not to mention everytime I go to my parents to detail the Mustang my father has the sudden urge to fire up the leaf blower to get the dirt and leaves out of the garage my car is sitting in front of. Nothing like spending a bunch of time washing and detailing to have a thin layer of dust covering your car 10 minutes after you finish. :fuss:

So your car's getting fixed by insurance right? Still sucks though. How bad is the damage? Maybe you can get some exterior upgrades in the bargain. :nice:
I haven't taken it to be looked at by a shop yet. The damage is very light scratches and a very slight wave in the rear bumper. I hope it is bad enough to to replace the bumper with a CS cover.

Especially in the winter around here when you wash your car and all the other cars are covered i winter road grime, the birds will find it. Color does not matter it just needs to be shinny.

i was spraying my project cars paint, just got done sanding and cleaning it all up, just got done taping it up and started wiping it down and tacking it off, when a giant hunk of bird**** landed on the trunk that i just wiped down. i wanted to go grab a bb gun and have at it.