Crazy Gas Price

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
So the terrible 'Low Fuel' light came on today, which is a rarity for me, but I have been on a tight budget lately. I have a 'usual' gas station I go to, but I was a bit far away from that, so I pull into a BP station that I was near. The sign said $2.88, which was close to the average in the area. I put the nozzle in and start the auto pump thing, and wait. I notice 3 or 4 other people pumping gas, looking around real confused. A guy waves at me and says "Do you see what I am seeing?" I look at the pump, and the gallons number is moving much faster than the money one. Yeah, it said $0.288 a gallon. I filled up my tank for $3.86. Suffice to say, this helped my financial situation this week!

• Sponsors (?)

Dang, why cant any employees like that work at a station that I go to?!?!?

Id love for one of them to miss-type the price in to uber-cheap. Id fill the Mustang and the 4x4, tell my dad aswell so he can fill his behemoth tank in his truck.

Exact same thing happened at a gas station in my area. It was traced to a pump error, not a human one. They had customers/owner on the news. People called all their friends to come get gas. The owner said that people should have been honest and paid the correct amount...YEAH RIGHT!