Crown-vic Brake Conversion

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by Noobz347, Sep 1, 2012.

1. barman. Post here, what you're wanting to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think he's wanting to do a rear disk brake conversion on a Lincoln. Not sure what year etc. Hopefully he'll post the whole story here soon.
  2. No i want to do a rear drum to disc conversion on a 1990 LTD crown victoria LX, not a lincoln
  3. But i don't know any of the measurements and they don't offer a conversion kit for my car, checked summit and a bunch of other places. Some people say it has the same rear end of a mustang but what year? Or would i need to find a lincoln? I have no idea. My car has a 5.0 engine stock. I haven't modified anything in it. Everything I've replaced I've kept stock.
  4. Stop tagging me. I have no fuggin clue. Mark VIII is nothing like a Crown Vic. You prolly need a rear end from a newer Vic that already has all the hardware.
  5. Useless! :fuss:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    barman likes this.
  6. Nobody else?

7. Shhhhh.... don't say LaserSVT

It makes him grumpy. o_O
  8. barman and N8Dogg98 like this.
  9. Seee!?! Grumpy.
  10. Lol thanks i'm goin to go look at that thread now. I'll let you guys know if it's useless

11. Clearly LaserSVT hates you guys. Cut it out e thugs.
  12. Niiice thank you for finding that for me Noobz347
  13. No worries... That second link looks like it contains a link to yet another thread, that has a step by step tutorial.
  14. Damn, guess I was helpfull. My bad.
  15. So i read everything, pretty helpful. Tried to register (and did) at but the problem is i can't post anything till my membership is "approved" whatever that means. In other words I am now a member but it won't let me log in. It's a shame since apparently almost everybody on there has already done the swap. Anyway i had a question about what i read... wouldn't i be able to just order the parts for the conversion as if i was getting them as replacement parts for a newer model car with existing rear discs and then just adapt everything onto mine? I know the E brake would need some customization, but other than that............ ???
  16. Yes... and often you can find threads that list the part numbers. That's what I did when I upgraded the front brake system on my truck.
  17. Ok. So i'd pretty much just need discs, calipers, pads, backing plates, E-brake line, what am i missing?