Custom Exhaust Question

AxlsDemocracy

Mar 6, 2004
I really dont feel like moving to go get an estimate from a shop, so I figured I could get one from here. Right now I am running Flowmasters, dumped right after the muffler. How much do you guys think a shop would charge to rig up a custom side exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

AxlsDemocracy said:
I really dont feel like moving to go get an estimate from a shop, so I figured I could get one from here. Right now I am running Flowmasters, dumped right after the muffler. How much do you guys think a shop would charge to rig up a custom side exhaust?

Wont happen with regular style mufflers. You would have to put a crazy S shape in the exhaust to bring it back to the front and then curve it back around to go out the side. It would be extremely low to the ground and not look good IMO.

Save yourself the headache and buy a kit. Spintech has one and i think spintech sounds just as good, if not better, then flows. I wouldnt go back to my flowmaster setup from my current spintech one if u paid me.

Or you could just buy the side exhaust mufflers and have the shop install them with some tips.

To make it work, you need a same side in/out muffler. It could work with a traditional style...but it would take tons of work and probably not be worth it.

Oh, one thing i thought about at one time is if u want that "flowmaster" sound, look into the vette mufflers. They are same side in/out and might be able to do the trick for you.

Just my thoughts.....

I've always found things cheaper that way. Rather than paying the expensive $$ involved in a pre-made catback plus all the shipping $$ .... I've always had shops do my stuff. You don't know what all out there will fit PERFECT ..... but a shop can make everything exactly how YOU want it. I say at least inquire with the local shops. It's worth a shot.

Example: I paid a local shop to do a Ranger. They put two 40 Series DeltaFlow's in there with custom routed 2.5" piping. They also put 3" stainless tips on there. Each of the mufflers alone cost $60. Total charge for everything (labor & all) was $155!!! & it only took the guy 45 minutes to do everything.

SeventyMach1 said:
I've always found things cheaper that way. Rather than paying the expensive $$ involved in a pre-made catback plus all the shipping $$ .... I've always had shops do my stuff. You don't know what all out there will fit PERFECT ..... but a shop can make everything exactly how YOU want it. I say at least inquire with the local shops. It's worth a shot.

Example: I paid a local shop to do a Ranger. They put two 40 Series DeltaFlow's in there with custom routed 2.5" piping. They also put 3" stainless tips on there. Each of the mufflers alone cost $60. Total charge for everything (labor & all) was $155!!! & it only took the guy 45 minutes to do everything.

Thats why i said to just buy the side exhaust mufflers from spintech. Traditional muffs aint gonna cut it.