cylinder block

• Sponsors (?)

that I know, a forged bottom end will hold more power, but I'm talking about the block, like to 5.0 stock block it can hold probably up the 500 rwhp and probably split apart ( don't quote me on this not 100% sure), and after that is best to upgrade to a dart block....how much can the 4.6 block can handle...

thanks

Hector

These are the top of the line short blocks MMR sells.

MMR 4.6 Monster MOD

*New Cast Iron 2003-04 Cobra Block (Romeo) FULL RACE PREP, de-burred and custom Hone for Chrome faced ringset.

*New 4340 3.543 stroke Forged Cobra Crankshaft, FULL RACE PREP- includes additional heat treat w/micro polished journals, shot peened and magnafluxed at no extra charge

*New 4340 5.933 Manley Pro-series Rods ( These US made rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest I-beam rod available for your 4.6), MMR gives the rod a final deep tempering to increase strength up to 300%

*New Forged 2618 Manley pistons 3.552-3.572 Bore size (High or low compression)

*Total Seal file fit rings with Chrome faced combustion/top ring for ultimate high cylinder pressure sealing(precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)

*Federal Mogul Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings, each bearing is hand deburred at the parting line for perfect fit and oil clearance.

*ARP main stud kit for maintaining correct cap location under the hardest of loads

*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available.

MMR 5.4 Monster MOD

*Cast Iron Block FULL RACE PREP, de-burred and custom Hone for Chrome faced ringset.

*New 4340 4.165 stroke Forged Crankshaft, FULL RACE PREP- includes additional heat treat w/micro polished journals, shot peened and magnafluxed at no extra charge

*New 4340 6.658 Manley Pro-series Rods ( These US made rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest I-beam rod available for your 5.4), MMR gives the rod a final deep tempering to increase strength up to 300%

*New Forged 2618 Custom pistons 3.552-3.572 Bore size .08 Deck (High or low compression)

*Total Seal file fit rings with Chrome faced combustion/top ring for ultimate high cylinder pressure sealing(precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)

*Federal Mogul Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings, each bearing is hand deburred at the parting line for perfect fit and oil clearance.

*ARP main stud kit for maintaining correct cap location under the hardest of loads

*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available.

for a daily driver mm&ff did a project stang on the 4.6 they managed 540whp from the stock block with forged internals (it's a long article theres like 3 or 4 parts to it) then they ordered a 5.0 stroker from CHP and they got over 620whp with more boost from the supercharger and got the heads worked form patriot performance not bad for a 2V motor that's a daily driver :banana:

blockzilla

there is are two fundamental differences between the 302 and 4.6 block. deep skirt and crossbolting. the factory mexican 302 block was good for 550hp for a limited time. crossbolting mains ties the block skirt to the main caps on a 4.6/5.4 block. There are plenty of examples of high mileage 600 hp 4.6l. I haven't heard of many main webs pulling out like 302 factory's. If I ever go to REAL hp then the cobra 6bolt block w/maincap girdle is for me.