Deep doo doo

• Sponsors (?)

well this is a quick reply dont know if anyone has touched this yet.

anytime you get a ticket you have the option of going to court to dispute it.if the cop dosent show....it gets thrown away:D

well i got two tickets in a month period,1 for speeding and another for some random violation.i went to court for both and neither cops showed.

...end result.no points.

this was when i was 18 i am now 24 so i have matured since.

Well, in about 5 seconds, the car went from 2000 rpm to 2500 rpm, which translates to going from 70 to 90.
My problem seems to be coming in to a city after being out on the interstate doing 85 for the last 3 hours. Like Phoenix where the place is infected with speed cameras and the speed limits drop to 55 - 65. 55 just seems slow. So it is too easy to be a little fast and get tagged by one of their revenue robots. I tend to just set the CC to help keep me safe.

I just got out of court. I did not get PBJ, but the judge did reduce it to 11 MPH over the limit, which means I get 2 points instead of the 5 for 30+ over. That is crucial, because now I only have 7 points and I won't have my license suspended.

:)

That is very good news; in VA anything over 80 is considered reckless driving which is very bad. The judge did you a big favor which the cop should have been able to see his way clear to do.

As you said, you have the money to pay the fine, no one was hurt, so chalk this up to lesson learned.

If the car was a little older you could set the "speed minder". Didn't stop you from speeding but made a Godawful racket when you hit the pre-set.

As a person with 8 or 9 speeding tickets under my belt (but I'm 55 and they;re spread out over 4 decades) take my advice: "It's cheaper to stay within 8 mph of the speedlimit!" That said, I find it hard myself, but try to pick your spots, where first it will be safe, and second, there's no cops around.

Had one of the new GTO's for a couple of years. On ramps for Interstate were crazy with that car; I just knew some day I was going to run up on a state trooper, passing him while I was still in the acceleration lane, but it never happened. I drove faster in that car than any other I've owned, but never got a ticket in it.

Sooooo- - think twice about getting rid of the car if it's what you really like.