drag racers....goals for 2011

I meant track tech inspection. Passing smog will be like a 1 week long transformation.

Is it an NHRA sanctioned track that you race at? Ours switched from IHRA to NHRA this past season and it didn't really effect the street cars much. By street cars, I mean 10.99 and slower typically.

Ryan, with this cool air, trapping 110+ shouldn't be any problem with the 125 shot. Probably could pull it off with the 100 shot right now.

• Sponsors (?)

seems like alot of people are going with the nitrous! just how many of you guys have the wowee-sauce on your car? what kinda power are you putting down and with what sort of supporting mods?

Ryan, with this cool air, trapping 110+ shouldn't be any problem with the 125 shot. Probably could pull it off with the 100 shot right now.

I'd be shocked if it didn't trap 110 as it is. I was at 109.67 during Mustang Week in July. 90-95* heat, 90 something percent humidity, hot car... I was happy with my MPH from that day. I think on a cool day it'd go higher 110mph as it is, wouldn't say a solid 111 or low 112mph is out of the question.

I'd really like to see what it'd do on the 125! Actually, I'd love to just go to the track period while it's cool, lol. Haven't had the chance to lately, unfortunately.

seems like alot of people are going with the nitrous! just how many of you guys have the wowee-sauce on your car? what kinda power are you putting down and with what sort of supporting mods?

It's slowly becoming more widely recognized as the most cost-effective, simple to setup way to make a 4.6 car make good power and pull good track times.

I haven't dyno'd mine on nitrous, but assuming it's a true 100rwhp then 358rwhp and probably 420-440 +/- rwtq.

No big supporting mods... literally dropped the kit in, changed to a 1-step colder spark plug, retarded WOT timing 2* and added WOT fuel through my handheld and let it eat. Keep in mind, a fuel pump, window switch, and nitrous-specific tune are a very good idea, but up to a 100 shot (some go higher without changing anything) a healthy stock fuel pump will feed a wet kit, and you don't need larger injectors since fuel is being delivered with the nitrous on a wet kit (dry kit needs pump, injectors, and a tune for sure).

Fayetteville NC motor speedway = no inspection, no safey gear above 10s.

Same with Darlington... didn't even pop any hoods, no blowdown tubes, etc. They want the fast cars to be caged and for the driver to wear a helmet, but aside from that...:shrug:

I might go for mine tonight. We will have good air, and I have a grudge match vs a buddy making 700rwhp in his GT500. Videos will be in the wheel tonight!

Wish I went 11.0, or 11.1, but got booted. First time to the track with the blower and drag radials. IRS is a pain to not break but try to run a good time.
scan0003.jpg

My goal is for an 11.9 or better. The car has only seen 13.9 on street tires and launching at 700rpm so a good launch on DRs should knock a half second off that. But I plan to up the boost, add meth and forge the bottom end and stroke to a 5.0. :nice:

I'd be happy with that too... At 8.20's now and have room to improve.

Well, this unit is already modded with a VT stroker, VT stage 2 heads, VT Cams, K member, full exhaust, drag suspension, lightened up, etc....

It's my first mod motor after several 306 hci combos, so hitting 7s should be done fairly quickly given the mods. If not, I'd be shocked. I'm looking forward to going as low as I can on motor then supercharging down the road to 6s.

Tax time rocks... lol. Im going from 4.10 to 3.73, new clutch, H&R sport springs, and new wheels & tires (17 x 10.5 b & 17 x 9 f), unfortunately I wont be running DR's, cost to wear ratio isnt beneficial, but i will have the 315 sumitomo summer tires on it. Last year I ran a 12.7 @ 110 on 245/45r17 Fuzion HRI's and was bouncing off the rev limiter the last 15 feet due to the gears, so I should be picking up some MPH, and hopefully traction will be less of an issue with the wider tires. This year I am hoping for at least a 12.5, i hope that the lowering springs wont affect my launch, I have always put the money into go fast parts, and since there really isnt much that i can do to it anymore (stock bottom end) for rwhp, i will be doing some cosmetic stuff, springs & grill delete, that i have been putting off for years. So... I will be happy with a 12.5

Last year I ran a 12.7 @ 110

Damn man, we'd be a DEAD even run. I was very, very close to the limiter on my car at the end of the track but a set of 28" DR's helped with that.

The type of springs you run will affect weight transfer, but how much depends on the springs. Cheap/simple thing to do is disconnect the front sway-bar before heading to the track (or at the track) at the end-links. This makes a noticeable difference in weight transfer regardless of your suspensions setup.

Damn man, we'd be a DEAD even run. I was very, very close to the limiter on my car at the end of the track but a set of 28" DR's helped with that.

The type of springs you run will affect weight transfer, but how much depends on the springs. Cheap/simple thing to do is disconnect the front sway-bar before heading to the track (or at the track) at the end-links. This makes a noticeable difference in weight transfer regardless of your suspensions setup.

Actually you would have been just a little faster... I just grabbed the time ticket. I would scan it but I have no scanner...

R/T: .583
60': 2.002
330: 5.576
1/8: 8.384
MPH: 86.81
1000: .000
1/4: 12.789
MPH: 110.62

Not too shabby, I had a crappy launch and I was bouncing off the rev limiter when i went through the traps, and it was on street tires. I cant wait to see what it will do with 3.73's if i can get it to hook.

the front sway bar advice is definately noted. does it bounce around or anything when driving with it disconnected? I have a 25 min drive to the track, and i dont want to mess with it while im there.