drag racers....goals for 2011

Tim2002GT

Founding Member
Apr 10, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma
For all of you guys who like to drag race, what are your goals for 2011?

My goal is to make a run at a 10.9x timeslip. Not gonna change much power wise. I'm thinking more along the lines of suspension upgrades and weight reduction. Right now my race weight is 3450 lbs. I'd like to get it down to around 3250. Between that and maybe upping the shot from 125hp to 150hp, I think I can give it a good shot. We will see I guess!

• Sponsors (?)

I plan on shooting for a 11.5 pass before the year is over. I'd like to also eventually get a 120 trap.

I don't want 11.4x because I will get booted for no cage :( The car is only 3 months old so I won't be adding one haha

My goal is to get to a strip this season! finished my project at the end last year, I'm really excited to see what 9 months of work and 6 grand can do!
where are you guys located? anybody race in Oregon?

been running high 12's at 107mph last year on motor, this year im ditching the teksid 2v setup, and going to a dohc 5.4 with a 100 shot, so hopefully around 115mph range on motor and 125mph on spray. already go the whole motor and all sold, so hopefully i can start here in the next couple weeks.

Looking to run below 10.80s on the stock engine, trans and rear end.. and low 11s on street tires. Ran mid 11s w/ a dead clutch, street tires and 12lbs of boost.

testing boost right now @ 14lbs w/ 110oct:nice:

Well I don't have a 1/4 mile track to go to. Our local track is a 1000ft. It went 9.92 last season. Im upping the spray from 100 to 150. Ditching the stock 3.23's for 4.10's, putting a new clutch in, and going tubular K with coil overs and strange 10 way adjustables all the way around. Also going with a big and little set up. I already have the front Billet Specialties, just have to buy the rears now. Also going to do Long tubes when I do the K member swap.

With all that said, I'm shooting for an 8.99 pass.(1000 ft.)