drilling and slotting rotors

Has anyone trusted a local machine shop will drilling and slotting rotors? It is worth risking the Bullitt rotors that come with the kit?:shrug:
Where would I take them to get that work done because It is just so much cheeper getting the Bullitt brake system in a kit. Unless anyone knows where to buy all the parts except the rotors so I can just buy my own.
Also preferances, Bullitt or 10th anniversary cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

Drilled and slotted rotors are worse than blanks. They dont stop as well, BUT they def look better. And high end cars with them do have them cast with the hole.s

Slotted = alright.
Drilled = structurally less sound but they sure look nice, don't they.

As I recall, you cannot get Brembo's that are both drilled and slotted. That tells me there's a reason.

on a street car its a waste of money...you only really need sloted or drilled rotors if your racing and your current brakes have "brake fade"...on a street car there is no point other than the "bling" factor..good for that boy ricer look I guess

Slotted = alright.
Drilled = structurally less sound but they sure look nice, don't they.

As I recall, you cannot get Brembo's that are both drilled and slotted. That tells me there's a reason.

IIRC, Cobra rotors are Brembo's. Not sure about the others.

Stang Suspension sells the Cobra kit with Brembo rotors ... with an option to get cross drilled AND slotted rotors. I suppose the optional rotors are not Brembo rotors then? :shrug:

EDIT: OT ... where can you get the Cobra kit WITH the Cobra MC?

But the look soooooo pretty:D
Well if I could not have both I would go with slotting. I was looking at ebay and saw that alot of ebay stores sell blanks that they just use a genarice drill slot program on. This brought up the whole structural question. Also I think I may just stick with blank rotors because of the whole NO TRACK issue.
So the question not it Bullitt or Cobra 10th?

Juggalo95...you got it all wrong. Drilled rotors are a waste of money on a track car.:D I bet drilled rotors would last me half a day. :nonono: Drilled rotors don't cool better as many think if fact the loss of material makes the rotor a worse heat sink. They do prevent fade or loss of brakes from outgassing pads, BUT only if your using the cheapest parts store brand brake pads (ie. auto zone or napas value line....twenty-something bux for a set pf pads:rolleyes: ). ANY quality pads today will not outgass...period. So yea cross-drilling is completely worthless except for looks. THe only reason "high end" cars come with them is so the yuppies feel like there getting their moneys worth. But yea its tedious work...having a machine shop do it would prolly cost more than getting the correct rotors. Its kinda funny...I've been looking to to get some 2 piece cobra rotors and lots of them only come drilled or slotted or both. I would have to special order most of them directly from the manufacturers (such as the baer eradi speed+ rotors) if I wanted plain rotors. :nonono: Needless to say i hate this drilled rotor craze.:notnice:

Yea race cars do NOT have drilled and/or slotted rotors. They offer no advantage and are purely for bling. NASCAR uses blanks.

With that being said I plan on getting drilled and slotted rotors when I upgrade my brakes soon. :)