DSS...The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?

To be honest, I think you need to e-mail the quote you got from CHP to nick at dss, and ask him what is the difference between the 2 quotes that necessitates the extra money.

I am sure either A) The DSS quote has a better engine, or B) CHP is not including some of the charges.

But if Nick can't give you a good answer, or knock the price down, I would just buy from CHP and be done with it. Many have had good luck with CHP; I think you will be happy with whomever you order.
Scott

Well it turns out that when I am ready, I will be going with CHP. They use Crate engines, and it just so happens that I had a bad experience with them because of one particular salesman that others have had problems with. I talked with Mark O'neal via Email (owner) and I got a call from John (VP) regarding my needs with the engine.. I can get a complete SPORTSMAN longblock with H-beams, AFR 185's with the better springs, and a whole lot more for less than my DSS level 20 quote. Because of the problems I had, they said they would work out a "REALLY GOOD" price for a complete package when Im ready. SInce they are also part of Holley, they will even put the Systemax on ther for me for a small fee, and a retail price no more than if I bought the intake myself.

It will be awhile before this is done, but guaranteed it will be posted around and about.

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

Good to hear.

Everything I have seen Mark post on hardcore (not like I am a regular poster there...but I search alot) has been VERY fair and honest.

I dont think either are a bad company and I am sure your bling-machine will be all the better no matter what once the owner is better as well.

Good to hear.

Everything I have seen Mark post on hardcore (not like I am a regular poster there...but I search alot) has been VERY fair and honest.

I dont think either are a bad company and I am sure your bling-machine will be all the better no matter what once the owner is better as well.

Yeah, the OWNER getting better is the MAIN key...It is not 100% yet that I will keep it...depends on the healing and if I can recruit enough help for the swap. I have to be SUPER NICE to Roger and Joe (at least until the swap is done :lol: ) Actually, they have the experience so that too is crucial.

Thanks
RC