DynaMat

• Sponsors (?)

stirling33 said:
So does everyone think 36 sq ft would be enough for the floor area?

Well 36sqft is a 6ft x 6ft patch.

I think it'll be close, but if you want to do the firewall and under the rear sests I think you'll want closer to 45 or 50 sqft.

I don't think 36 sq. ft. is enough if you want full coverage, (the trans. hump, the part that goes up to the firewall, under the seats,etc...). The quiet solution link looks interesting and even cheaper. My only concerns are no heat repelling factors and no mention of weight other than "it's lighter".
If you go with the mat, you have to decide if you're going to do inside the doors, behind the rear quarter trim, behind the seat, etc.. Doing the metal part behind the seat would eliminate the need for the trunk unless you're a sound perfectionist.

mustangdave said:
I don't think 36 sq. ft. is enough if you want full coverage, (the trans. hump, the part that goes up to the firewall, under the seats,etc...). The quiet solution link looks interesting and even cheaper. My only concerns are no heat repelling factors and no mention of weight other than "it's lighter".
If you go with the mat, you have to decide if you're going to do inside the doors, behind the rear quarter trim, behind the seat, etc.. Doing the metal part behind the seat would eliminate the need for the trunk unless you're a sound perfectionist.

On the comparison chart it does weight per sq ft.

Dynamat installation

Just remember to install it when it's warm. Harder to stick under 50 degrees.

And yes, it sticks to POR15. Put it in my prior car and worked well but it does add a bit of thickness. I used a bit of that 3M spray on adhesive as well.

gzminiz said:
Will the b-quiet stick good to the rust bullet stuff mentioned in one of the POR15/rust coat threads?

I have the b-quiet on top of the rust bullet, and it is NOT coming off. It sticks like no tomorrow and then if you get any amount of heat, its permanant. You can pull it back, but its like pulling gum off of the pavement.

One more thing... dont wear the rubber gloves while doing it. I had some of those nitrile ones on and I promise you there are a few 'fingers' stuck under it to my floorboards. It is extremely sticky stuff.

I found out that the wax/grease remover from PPG will remove any residue you have left, or if you try to pull up some that has been on there a while.

Good luck, and I will be getting some more for under the headliner when I am ready for that. I think there is something special for that area that is a bit lighter.

Red5oh said:
I have the b-quiet on top of the rust bullet, and it is NOT coming off. It sticks like no tomorrow and then if you get any amount of heat, its permanant. You can pull it back, but its like pulling gum off of the pavement.

One more thing... dont wear the rubber gloves while doing it. I had some of those nitrile ones on and I promise you there are a few 'fingers' stuck under it to my floorboards. It is extremely sticky stuff.

I found out that the wax/grease remover from PPG will remove any residue you have left, or if you try to pull up some that has been on there a while.

Good luck, and I will be getting some more for under the headliner when I am ready for that. I think there is something special for that area that is a bit lighter.

I think I would rather have gloves stuck rather then my skin

mustangdave said:
Why not use chemical resistant gloves which by the way are made for just such an occasion.

Because the sound deadner has an incredible adhesive... it sticks to the rubber portion. I believe it would still stick to the chemical resistant glove....

Imagine playing with a ball of tape with tape on your hands... when you remove it with one hand, it sticks to the other... that is what happened when I had the rubber gloves on.

I purchased 2 boxes (36 Sq Feet) of dynamat extreme from ebay at a cost much, much less then SummitRacing. I did almost everything (floor, firewall, kick pannel, behind the seats) inside the cab. I had 2 peices left over.

If your going to do the job, do it right and do it once.

I'll try to post a pic later tonite.

(66 Coupe)

Oh, and I did it over POR 15.

spirockp said:
I purchased 2 boxes (36 Sq Feet) of dynamat extreme from ebay at a cost much, much less then SummitRacing. I did almost everything (floor, firewall, kick pannel, behind the seats) inside the cab. I had 2 peices left over.

If your going to do the job, do it right and do it once.

I'll try to post a pic later tonite.

(66 Coupe)

Oh, and I did it over POR 15.

I second that, do it once and do it right with Dynamat Extreme, not worth the aggravation when you save forty measly bucks.