Dyno'd 04 Mysti Today

pvteye

Apr 3, 2004
Well it was miserably hot....ambient air was over 100 degrees, about 8
Cobras there, of all I had the least mods.... car has only 1230 miles on it and running 18 x 9 Chrome FR500's.
When it came my turn, the guy with SuperChips who flew in to tune these cars
asked what I was expecting... I said I hoped for 380 in this heat....He said
360 was more like it. Most of the guys had dynoed previously at 475 to
480, chips, off road X pipes, cat backs, smaller pullies and CAI were pulling 425 to 430.

Made the pull, just my MagnaFlow cat back, and the K&N FIPK
401.27 HP....371.66 TQ to the wheels...
Dyno run attached..

The guy from SCT was amazed and said this heat was hurting by 20 to 25 HP and unless I added pullies or Off Road X...
tuning would probably not do much more for me...
61204.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks, there was a Vortech'd 97 there that pulled 346 HP, it was really fat on top... filled the room with black smoke. The tuner did what he could to get it there, said she needed plugs and injectors. She came in because of drivabilty problems, and he got all that straightned out for her.

A guy from St Louis trailered his in for a tune... it was sick, ZEX nitros and all. There was also an 03 there with a Kenne Bell that had dyno'd over 800 before...did not stick around to see it run.

Thanks U.M., I have SS MagnaFlows on my Lincoln, and had MagnaFlow Alum. Weld in's on my 02 GT so I loved the sound already. Thank you for answering my questions on the MF CatBack and FIPK.... A lot of times it is hard to seperate the wheat from the chaf around here... and I profited from your experience and advice.

MagnaFlow cat back, and the K&N FIPK
, can you please explain to me what these are. I have an 01 cobra , if i put those on, would i be pushing 400hp!?

The cat back is exhaust, i know that, (sort of =/) yet, what on earth is a K&N FIPK ? i have no idea what that is.

CobraXtreme said:
, can you please explain to me what these are. I have an 01 cobra , if i put those on, would i be pushing 400hp!?

The cat back is exhaust, i know that, (sort of =/) yet, what on earth is a K&N FIPK ? i have no idea what that is.

no offense, but you shouldnt own a car, let alone a mustang :nonono:

CobraXtreme said:

Cat-Back is the portion of your exhaust that runs from the Catalytic converters or mid-pipe to the back bumper, hence the term "Cat-Back". There are many different manufacturers of cat backs... Magnaflow, Bassani, SLP, Borla, Mac, BBK, etc...

The K&N FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kit) is a cold air intake kit, also known as a CAI (Cold Air Induction). They are made specific for each application so a 03 Cobra FIPK won't fit on a 03 GT. The kit consists of a new larger than stock K&N filter and usually a heat shield or new air box. It helps increase the airflow to your motor.

Unfortunately these two mods will not get your '01 anywhere near 400RWHP by themselves. The 03/04 Cobra's are Supercharged from the factory so these mods make a lot more HP on the forced induction cars compared to the normally aspirated ones. Sorry...

U.M.

91_4ourBanger - You need to lighten up man....

Uncle Meat said:
/Sarcasm on

Yeah that magnaflow exhaust really sucks doesn't it? And those K&N FIPK's CAN'T be worth the 25RWHP the magazines stated they make.... You should have just welded in some flows and removed the stock snorkle... would have made just as much....

/Sarcasm off

WOW! Great #'s!

U.M.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great numbers pvteye!