E-Fan, Al Driveshaft...

• Sponsors (?)

If staying N/A then the 24's will be perfect for your combination..but pump should be at least 190. The intake and cam will be limiting you to under 300..but it doesn't matter...260-270-280 hell even near 290..that's a ton of power..you will love IT. No matter the power you will become accustomed to the power and the URGE will return even stronger than before...hence the ZEX kit toping my christmass list this yr. Don't worry about the "numbers" build the best motor you can..you will be more than satisfied..good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
E-fan is great if you happen to have a 3G alternator. I see the alum DS as more of a vibration/harmonics fix after gears than a 'mod' per se. In other words, I would not necessarily install an alum DS just for driveline weight savings.

Good luck.

I'm on a the stock alternator w/ electric fan! Works great. On a side note the electric fan helps you pull harder at higher speeds like third and fourth gear. To me, the aluminum ds is not worth the bucks unless you've done all the other things (at that price tag) that do more for your money.

darthcual said:
I'm on a the stock alternator w/ electric fan! Works great.
I would note that this is not optimal. It has worked for you and some others, but once the switch to a 3G is made, the fan's efficiency improves (it is needed most at idle, which is where alternator output is the least). I just wanted to say something to this effect so others dont necessarily think they can bolt any ol' fan up and run it off a 2G. I might imagine that you are cognizant of other accessories running at the same time and have to be mindful of that.

HISSIN50 said:
I would note that this is not optimal. It has worked for you and some others, but once the switch to a 3G is made, the fan's efficiency improves (it is needed most at idle, which is where alternator output is the least). I just wanted to say something to this effect so others dont necessarily think they can bolt any ol' fan up and run it off a 2G. I might imagine that you are cognizant of other accessories running at the same time and have to be mindful of that.

Negatron Voltron. My fan (black magic from flexalite) says and states everywhere "Direct bolt on application" Nothing is mentioned to the contrary about needing an alternator upgrade. Now the CYA is in effect, I imagine that they would say something in the instructions for this reason. I have also installed 94-95 fan on an 88 with the original amp, again worked fine. Unless you have some massive aftermarket electronics, TV or high output radio/cd/mp3 i think your stock alternator is fine. Not a technician just relying on experience :D