Egr kills tfi? It makes akes no sense.

meangreen92

Aug 25, 2004
I am bit confused. I was testing my egr valve, using vacuum to stall the car. The car stalled like it should. However it would refused to start. I had no spark at all. It tuned out to be the TFI. I put in an extra distributor I had and it started right up. I don't get it.

• Sponsors (?)

Just sounds like a coincidence to me.

Something similar happened to me when I was working on a friends car. He drove it to my house, I ran codes, found out the water temp and throttle position sensors were bad. So I changed them and then the car wouldn't start. After some testing, I narrowed it down to the ignition switch. Ran to my parts pile and found a spare, installed it and the car fired right up. His old one was melted really bad. The whole time I was testing it, my "friend" was accusing me of doing something wrong while I was changing the sensors and THAT was the reason it wouldn't start. When I found out it was just a coincidence that his ignition switch decided to take a dump at that very moment, he felt like an idiot... but didn't apologize though. Haven't helped him with his car ever since.