Egr Question

I am pulling apart a engine "top half" manifolds etc...and when I pulled the Egr valve assembly I notice that inside of it was completly blocke with black Shiaut full to the brim pulled off the hoses that link up to the pcv valve same thing...when I pulled off the Upper manifold the inside of the "runners?" were pitch black with a thick film of Oil.. dirt...just some nasty Shiaut same with the lower manifold I have not yet took off the lower manifold the, car ran fine with only a hesitation when accelerating.I havent looked at the O2 sensor's yet.Any ways my question is what would cause all that mess :shrug: .....also why would someone not"glue" the gasket between the upper and lower manifold? please help.....

• Sponsors (?)

also do you have to have this. It is located behind the TB spacer Its Big and round ugly A hose run from this to the port side of the car and then to the air pump...Ig I bypass my smog pump wi;; I need tis at all???????????? :mad:

Fox Saleen 163 said:
Big round and ugly? Is it the EGR valve attached to the EGR spacer? The only line going to it is a Vac line. Even if you deleted your smog pump you still need the Vac going to the EGR valve unless you want to delete the EGR as well.

MY QUESTION WAS IT WAS COMPLETLY BLOCKED AND i HAVE A hESITATION WHEN ACCELERATING in NPARK, ANYWAYS WHY WOULD I REMOVE THE EGR I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED ABOUT THAT, CONCIDERING THE HEATER LINE IS CONNECTED TO THIS WHICH I THOUGHT INTERN WOULD FEDD WARM "HOT AIR" TO THIS DEVICE IS THIS WHY THERE IS A SMOG PUMP TO REGENERATE THE "COOL AIR" ?????????????

your pcv valve is prob the cause of oil in your intakem also there is a fire blocker in under the pcv valve that should be changed, they get clogged with crud and cause your engine to suck oil and blow seals. your egr ? sounds like its just a normal old clogged egr. they get clogged over time, esp if the car is running crappy for a long time.. i've seen it before... the line your talking about ,, i don't know...

Replace the pcv valve(grommet & screen also) while you have the intake off. Buy some carburator cleaner(or throttle bottle cleaner) and clean all the carbon/oil/dirt out of everything you can.

Make sure you clean the egr and spacer really well, air bypass valve, and butterfly inside the throttle body. That should take care of any hesitation...

After that you may want to check EEC for error codes...

StangBangRicers said:
Replace the pcv valve(grommet & screen also) while you have the intake off. Buy some carburator cleaner(or throttle bottle cleaner) and clean all the carbon/oil/dirt out of everything you can.

Make sure you clean the egr and spacer really well, air bypass valve, and butterfly inside the throttle body. That should take care of any hesitation...

After that you may want to check EEC for error codes...

Well I am going to replace the whole top end...up and lower manifol thr.bdy spacer. etc. I t was on ugly SOB I have to ask though what is the eec. And the screen that you are talking aboiut is that place on the back of the Lower manifold I am going to go get it today. :flag: Thanx