Electrical help

All of a sudden I've been having electrical issues. No speedo, dash lights, clock, rear lights, and turn signals. Everytime I hit the brakes the horn goes off. Blowing fuses under the dash, and when I put in a fuse for the dash lights, it blows. Also my rear window will not roll up, is there anyway to troubleshoot all these issues.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats messed-up man. Sorry, I don't know where I would start looking. Is this really all just a random occurence out of nowhere, or did you recently take any part of the dash apart or install gauges or anything of that nature? Its almost as if some wires got pinched somewhere and are shorting out. If anything else, maybe a loose chassis ground, but that doesn't really explain the horn going off when applying the brakes. I'm at a loss.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you disconnect your horn replace the fuses, and then step on the brake (while leaving horn disconnected)? I'm not wondering if theres a short (crossed/exposed wires) between the horn system and brake system that overloads the fuses when you apply the brakes.

All this started around two months ago, I was driving on the hiway and all of a sudden my radio and clock went off, then my speedo went from 65 to like 120. I didnt think much of it and figured Id look at it later. Then the next day the horn started to malfunction. So I removed the horn fuse, then added the radio fuse and all was good. Now all of my accessiories dont work. The only thing I could think of is possible water damage, because my rear windows dont roll down, so when it rains the back seat gets wet. any other suggestions.

That's a lot of crap to take a dumpito on you. What fuses are blowing exactly?

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system, and is it tied to the horn (in lieu of a siren)?

Well if you havent installed something or messed with the dash recently, you are in for some major wire tracing.

I am looking at an interior/exterior wiring schematic and it appears to have a couple fuses running the system. Can you tell me which fuses are actually blowing?

I hope this helps you trace your short.

The multiswitch is the first place I would start.
Scott

Attachments

• instruments.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 69
3898.jpg