Engine brackets/parts you'd like to see powdercoated

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
Hey guys

I'm doing some coating work for RC and amidst our conversation rose the topic of the lack of parts available for my 94-95 pushrod brothas.

So - are there any engine brackets or parts you'd like to get coated but can't find anywhere? I do coating work w/lots of Fox Body parts since that's what I know, and could go for getting into supplying some 94-95 specific stuff too.

I've done a couple brackets as seen in another thread earlier this weekend (it's in 94-95 5.0 Tech) I was trying to identify the damn things) but have no idea what else would generally be a hot item.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I had my brackets coated silver metalic by a local guy and they look great. Makes them look so much cleaner and super easy to maintain I think anyone who takes off the brackets should get them coated...well worth it.

as far as putting together a list of other things 94-95's have that would be nice things to have done.

T-stat housing
valve covers -moreso since they look crappy stock but fox type covers need a little modding to 100% work.
air sucky tubes of CAI's - to match the car
alt. housings
black lower intakes
waterpumps/timing covers
pullies

Hey Guyz....Ive seen Dave's work before and it is TIGHT!! I would like to say for SURE the coil bracket...it's easy, small and simple to take off. The power steering/AC one is a good one but requires some ambition on the buyers part to take apart. I also think the radiator overflow bracket would be nice too. THose are 3 I can come up with...

I am having more parts done because my engine is apart, but the 3 I mentioned would be good for Dave to have at least one of at all times to list.

Thanks...Ill keep you updated with More things.
RC

I'm about to pull the motor out of my car and I am planning to get both front brackets, coil bracket, upper intake, and valve covers powder coated.

I'm thinking silver for the front brackets and satin black for the upper intake and coil bracket.

That coil bracket sounds like a great idea that everyone would want, thanks! Timing covers would be tricky to stock up in bulk and coat because it's a bit more of a job to swap than other things.

Valve covers are another good idea too.

+1 on wp/valve covers

also the t-stat housing (can get them for ~10 at advanced auto and they come tapped for an temp sensor. also i belive its the same housing/elbow for all the 5.0's

Dave I do my own powder coating. I've done my VC's, all of my brackets, my CAI piping, t-stat housing, sway bar end links, my old lower intake, disc brake dust shields, etc. Basically if it was metal that I could remove from the car and fit in my oven I did it. I also did the hood latch mechanism too.

Haha that's my mentality too BUT I am looking to see what most people want as I'd hate to spend time and $$ on parts that nobody ends up wanting :doh:

I powder coated my atlt. bracket and P/S bracket, along with the timing cover and C&L fox inlet tube in Extreme Chrome but it looks kinda shiny grayish, I wanted the polished look... What are you charging?? for the pieces i mentioned?? I will have them done again for the right price.

Im going to intervene here, since Im trying to help us guys with stuff that will be available, but yet not "STICK" Dave with things that wont sell. Dave...you already know that you can sell the PS/AC bracket, and you already have the Alt bracket....

1... I say stick to having one available all the time.
2... I think we ALL agree that if you have the coil bracket available, it will sell...it's not too much money, it looks like crap otherwise and it is EASY to change.

3. I say DONT stock up on VC's...they are too individualized and you can buy chrome ones fairly cheap from AFM....you may keep ONE set available....I can help you out with a set to get started.

4. The radiator overflow bracket is cheap, easy and convenient to do also.. I bet if you have one listed it will well.

5. Remember that you (us guys) can always email Dave with special requests. Im sure he will work with you if you dont need parts in a hurry (can "multi-batch" stuff to save time).

Thanks
RC

Yea if anyone wants specific parts done I can handle anything really. I also polish so I can do calipers real shiny if you want. PM me w/requests.

But what I'm looking for is to see what would be a good idea on parts to stock up on (like I do for Fox Body parts). Just like RC said :) Before 2 days ago I couldn't even tell which bracket was the alternator bracket in a 94-95 :lol:

Hood props....

PM me...I have a chrome one IM selling..

As far as pricing goes, just PM Dave directly. We dont want to put him a position to quote on the boards, then 2 yrs later people still think it's the same. Also the pricing may vary depending on the amout of pieces you are having done at once.

RC

I think the EGR valve would have to be polished vs. powdercoated due to the makeup of the part. For the Fox Bodies, I only polish them too.

But still, good enough idea! I will try to pick some up.

I think the EGR valve would have to be polished vs. powdercoated due to the makeup of the part. For the Fox Bodies, I only polish them too.

But still, good enough idea! I will try to pick some up.

If i send you some brackets can you coat them for me??? ill see what brackets id like coated and can you give me a price??? there is a place really local to me but they did stuff for OCC choppers and now they are overpriced as hell