Engine code points to the cats?

shallowreef

Nov 3, 2005
illinois
My check engine light came on a few weeks ago and i took my car in to have it checked out and they told me my cats were on their way out. Now i have SLP high flow cats and had them installed just over a year ago and already they are junk? Does that make sense? I would think they would last longer than that?

Anyone running SLP Cats? How Long?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what the code is all ik now is that my mechanic said it was the cats. He said he didn't know if they were bad or if my computer just wasn't reading them the same as stock cats and he suggested possibly going somewhere and having the car tuned.

Thats all i can really tell you.

yea im running hi flow cats from slp... i thought that the cats were leading to the light...but then again...i have a leak...but yea thats what the exhaust guy told me about my cats...i stillhave no idea how tho fix the leak...i out an impact on the header bolt and everything....i dont know what to do...any suggestions...

This is why I install MIL elims or disable the cat monitor in the tune on any mustang I install a catted midpipe on.. Some cars will throw cat inefficiency codes with aftermarket cats... this does not mean the cats are bad..

I just read that you have a exhaust leak, fix the leak then add mil elims or shut off the cat monitor in tune