Exhaust Questions for 03 GT Auto

kramer03gt

Apr 4, 2005
madison, WI
Hey Guys,

Well im just looking for a little input as im a little up in arms about what to do, as some of you may have seen I have posted a thread about my car haveing some issue called took stang to the shop today. And ive gotten a lot of good information and advice from it. But appears that the cats are the problem with the car, so i was looking for some input for the ideas ive come up with.

first a little info about the car: 2003 GT AUTO, with SLP LM1 catback, stock manifolds and h-pipe

The options i have thought of are:

1. Going to exhaust shop cutting out old cats and welding in a set of High flow magnaflow cats to stock h-pipe. ( was thinking it would be expensive to do)

2. Ordering a SLP X-pipe with cats, however doing headers later would require a new midpipe.

3. Ordering a set of Bassani midlength headers with bassani BX xpipe with cats, however does anyone know if they will fit the auto?? or how much modification is needed for putting this on?

Any other suggestions would be cool.. Thanks guys..

• Sponsors (?)

2. Ordering a SLP X-pipe with cats, however doing headers later would require a new midpipe.

this isnt the case. SLP designed their product to be modular. get the FULL length Xpipe and you will be able to take off the arm extensions to make way for Longtubes in the future

only thing is, youll need to go with SLP headers to ensure proper fitment

Ok good deal, I was thinking about getting the SLP, but if i got with bassani midlength would they mate? im sure this has asked before but i was just curious being that is the ultimate setup i would like.. but i dont know how feasable it would be with the auto