Finally weighed the car...

Alot of people dont take into account that modern cars have alot of safty stuff for added weight and more std. equipment like air bags, abs, A/C, and alot more "webbing" in the body pannels ect. Other than a full frame the older cars dont really have much to them. Look at how much the fox gained in weight from 79-93...they ended up only being 200 or so lighter in 93 than the "pig" 94-95's. People just assume that since an 82 gt could weight 2800 (buddy of mines did that 100% street trim with only alum. heads added/subtracted weight) than a 93 should too.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry for the delay, let's just say it was a LONG... LONG night!!!

With me in it the total came in at exactly:
3620lbs

I'm pretty happy with the results, its a lot lighter than I thought it was. The guy asked me what I thought it weighed before he gave me the slip and I thought it was around 3700-3750lbs.

I'm going to gut the car and see how light I can get it.

Dang, I was 10lbs off:bang:

I have weighed a few:)

Actually, there was your guesstimate and two others that were only 5# off. Not too bad.

I wanna know how brands5.0's '95 is only 2870#. That's at least 750# off Killer's car. (Good for about 7/10ths, according to benchrace folklore.) What is left of the car? Got some pics? Might be a good time for a "lightweight" thread, from this.