First Build

• Sponsors (?)

One more thing: Don't go cheap on items such as gaskets and bolts.
^^^ this . Decent headgaskets like 9333pt1s and arp head bolts or even studs . etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
BBK throttle bodies whistle? I thought my car was just singing at idle! :)

Rounding off the IAB port edges is supposed to fix it, but with the loud exhaust, it just lets me know the system works.

I seriously have never heard of them sticking though.

Mine sticks occasionally. I thought I had it fixed. Drove fine for months. Then it stuck at the track. Fun fun lifting off the throttle and it kept revving. Slammed the pedal repeatedly. Had to shut the motor down it was bouncing off the revlimiter. After tinkering with it some more I figured out the actual throttle arm has a catch and wouldn't unstick from wot. I could manually open it and it would stay wide open and had to twist it closed. I pulled it apart and cleaned/lubricated everything and it's fine again. I'm just thankful I wasn't spraying nitrous at the time! I've heard from a few others of having the same problem and everyone had a BBK so I assume...? But that is a very small sample size to say all of them do that and it could be coincidental

I did too that thing went bye bye . Bought a summit 70mm no issues

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Sorry for the derail, but this is important.
I would be doing three things about a stick throttle body. 1. Not everyone on their tech support line is a genius, but BBK stands behind their products. Unless you have had it for years, I would warranty it ASAP. 2. Check the throttle cable and bracket to make sure there is no binding and that it does not torque the TB in any way. 3. Somehow add another return spring like on a carb!

I had a used 1850 that I rebuilt and put on a 302. I did not realize the center link was bent to open the secondaries (like a double pumper) rather than close them (vac secondary style).

Where did the edit button go some time ago? It has dissapeared. @moderators I am using Safari and an Iphone.

Anyway, the first time I got on it was a frightening ride. A run away 5.0 is much worse than any Prius!

Reactions: 1 users
And I avoid Summit brand parts for fear of too cheap to be good parts. I may have to rethink that. Just avoid their control arms if you have power and traction.
Control arms are junk my friend broke one on the street in second gear . there throttle body's are a professional products without the logo . cheap but no issues

Was always curious about summit parts, headers, TB's, and exhaust mostly... Opinions?
My factory TB used to stick like a mofo on my 87' until now I never knew what that was!
Another question: intake spacers, yes/no?