flowmaster mufflers

• Sponsors (?)

The flow about the same as the stock mufflers. They really aren't a master of any flow at all. The stock mufflers flow the same. The sound is all they really have going for them, they only use chambers with no roving material to dampen the sound.

They are not even close to stock mufflers that is B.S. If you like the sound of an old 60's muscle car get flowmasters original 40 series. Then get an off road mac h pipe.

I've heard too that the 40 series flowed the same as stock mufflers. But who cares? It's not like you're gonna pick up a whole lot of power from just mufflers anyway. I got 40 series for the sound. If you want power from exhaust, get some long tubes and an O/R x-pipe or something. Just my .02 cents

Look, this topic has, and probably will be, beaten to death for as long as there is the automobile. Mufflers are not known to give you large HP gains. The biggest benefit is less backpressure which, when coupled with other mods, can help give you a LITTLE extra HP.
The biggest reason I am going with a Flowmaster setup is one reason and one reason only. Ever since I was 16 years old, 16 years ago for those mathamaticians out there, I have always wanted a Mustang. I wanted one for their looks, their potential to stomp on most anything out there with a little tweeking, but most importantly, the trademark sound that only a Mustang can make. Now that I finally have one ('04 GT) I can't think of any other sound I want coming from the rear of my Pony. Who cares if they are not giving me 1-2 hp more than a Magnaflow system would. I just want to have that sound to drool over each and every waking day for the rest of my pathetic anal retentive life. :nonono:

H pipes sound awesome. I think you may notice a torque loss with a off road x pipe. X pipes flow better , but I think H pipes sound better.

ORIGINAL 40 SERIES FLOWMASTERS ARE AWESOME. THEY SOUND LIKE A 60'S MUSCLE CAR ESPECIALLY WITH A OFF ROAD H PIPE. :nice:

as far as the Flowmasters ...you're backpressure will decrease over stock, but not a whole lot ...afterall ..too much wouldnt be good either ...and the awesome sound makes it more than worth it

and by the way, get X with flows ...sounds smoother and racier than the H :nice:

This tread is :rlaugh:
Backpressure from the muffler is never good.
People who say otherwise are either...
trying to sell you something...or
are confused, cuz a freeflowing muffler will add torque
mostly at high rpm, thus , the torqus curve will feel
less peaky, the less 'peaky' is misinterpreted as less torque at the low end.

Steve777 said:
as far as the Flowmasters ...you're backpressure will decrease over stock, but not a whole lot ...afterall ..too much wouldnt be good either ...and the awesome sound makes it more than worth it

and by the way, get X with flows ...sounds smoother and racier than the H :nice:
:nice:
best combo

codyGT said:
The flow about the same as the stock mufflers. They really aren't a master of any flow at all. The stock mufflers flow the same. The sound is all they really have going for them, they only use chambers with no roving material to dampen the sound.

You sir are a misinformed moron. But of course you drive a cavalier.

new22003 said:
You sir are a misinformed moron. But of course you drive a cavalier.
OWNED!!!

unbreakable.gif