flowmaster mufflers

• Sponsors (?)

mcmmotorsports said:
Look, this topic has, and probably will be, beaten to death for as long as there is the automobile. Mufflers are not known to give you large HP gains. The biggest benefit is less backpressure which, when coupled with other mods, can help give you a LITTLE extra HP.
The biggest reason I am going with a Flowmaster setup is one reason and one reason only. Ever since I was 16 years old, 16 years ago for those mathamaticians out there, I have always wanted a Mustang. I wanted one for their looks, their potential to stomp on most anything out there with a little tweeking, but most importantly, the trademark sound that only a Mustang can make. Now that I finally have one ('04 GT) I can't think of any other sound I want coming from the rear of my Pony. Who cares if they are not giving me 1-2 hp more than a Magnaflow system would. I just want to have that sound to drool over each and every waking day for the rest of my pathetic anal retentive life. :nonono:

:stupid:

So the bumper doesn't give you more rwhp, damn I was about to buy one, with those metal spoilers, they sure do give you some hp in high speed, now if I can just get a flairkit on the car, that would be madtyte the hp difference would be tragic, like an extra 50hp for sure, also adding to the equation is stickers and your all set.

:bananadancer:

I'm not saying that Flowmaster makes the best flowing mufflers out there, I'm just saying that you are not going to lose any power by putting them on your car. But when it comes to a few horses difference, I would gladly sacrafice a few for the superior sound that flowmaster has. If you are putting them on your car that youll be running at the track everyday, maybe you would want a different brand. But for a street car that you may race every once in a while, just go with what sounds the best - such as Flowmaster

codyGT said:
New22003, I am sorry I have enough money to buy Borlas and to have a second car to drive to work and else where. And you are just as dumb as anyone slse who says a Flowmaster is any better than a newer stock Mustang Muffler.

You think the fact that these mufflers suck would much more obvious to people.
First off it's a personal preference as to what mufflers or exhaust system people are running on their cars. Second who cares how many cars you have or how much money you can spend on whatever products you purchase. It's a personal preference as to what exhaust people are using and certain stang owners might not be purchasing a system for the same reason you are. Flowmaster has been in business for a long time, there must be a reason for that. BTW have you put your car on a dyno machine to see what your actual rwhp gains are adding just the borla? Let's see some numbers to back up the talk...not everyone is looking for a few hp with every mod we do. Every time I start my car I love the sound coming from my pipes...

IMO, the only scavenging effect is limited to:
the primary header pipes. When the primaries join the collector, it just joins a large volume, and tuning effect is
negligible after. Note that scavenging requires 'pulsing',
not just velocity. When four or eight pulses are added
together, they just average out.
Downstream (from the collector) effects are only backpressure, which is bad.
Discussion of velocity, should be limited to the primaries.

_StangGT__ said:
So the bumper doesn't give you more rwhp,

Who ever said it "Did" give more?
:D

damn I was about to buy one

Your car doesn't have a bumper? :D

, with those metal spoilers, they sure do give you some hp in high speed, now if I can just get a flairkit on the car, that would be madtyte the hp difference would be tragic, like an extra 50hp for sure, also adding to the equation is stickers and your all set.

:bananadancer:

You have proof, or have you been playing too many video games?

:banana:

mcmmotorsports said:
Look, this topic has, and probably will be, beaten to death for as long as there is the automobile. Mufflers are not known to give you large HP gains. The biggest benefit is less backpressure which, when coupled with other mods, can help give you a LITTLE extra HP.
The biggest reason I am going with a Flowmaster setup is one reason and one reason only. Ever since I was 16 years old, 16 years ago for those mathamaticians out there, I have always wanted a Mustang. I wanted one for their looks, their potential to stomp on most anything out there with a little tweeking, but most importantly, the trademark sound that only a Mustang can make. Now that I finally have one ('04 GT) I can't think of any other sound I want coming from the rear of my Pony. Who cares if they are not giving me 1-2 hp more than a Magnaflow system would. I just want to have that sound to drool over each and every waking day for the rest of my pathetic anal retentive life. :nonono:

:nice: You got it bro...