found a GT, need opinions

well the thing is its a daily driver. sure i'd like to have a 4.6 but i dont know if i can find one thats in good shape that fits into my budget. everything that looks like what i want is like 12K and above which is just out of reach right now.

the main thing i want is something RWD and manual that looks decent with lower mileage. maybe what im willing to spend just isn't realistic for the car i'm wanting to buy.

• Sponsors (?)

well the thing is its a daily driver. sure i'd like to have a 4.6 but i dont know if i can find one thats in good shape that fits into my budget. everything that looks like what i want is like 12K and above which is just out of reach right now.

the main thing i want is something RWD and manual that looks decent with lower mileage. maybe what im willing to spend just isn't realistic for the car i'm wanting to buy.

Do u like the 94-98 bodystyle at all, because u can get a real good 5 spd V8 for under 8k. I think u could even find a 99 GT for under 10k....Keep lookin & be patient. I would by a daily driver Honda over a V6 stang.

i understand your logic and it would apply if the GT would be my fast car. hell, if i happened to sell my 240 i'd just buy the black bullitt i saw the other day. the thing is im getting job offers and i might need to buy SOMETHING dependable this week, so i may have ot settle just so i can afford a nicer car later on down the line. plus, if i get a V6 i can effectively eliminate any kind of payment. i know its kind of a :taco: car but hell even if i got a GT it wouldn't be as fast as my 240 :(

edit: KBB is a good point but texas has more trucks than anything so sports cars have more fair market value usually, thats all i can figure for these greedy bastards trying to screw me over.

i understand your logic and it would apply if the GT would be my fast car. hell, if i happened to sell my 240 i'd just buy the black bullitt i saw the other day. the thing is im getting job offers and i might need to buy SOMETHING dependable this week, so i may have ot settle just so i can afford a nicer car later on down the line. plus, if i get a V6 i can effectively eliminate any kind of payment. i know its kind of a :taco: car but hell even if i got a GT it wouldn't be as fast as my 240 :(

Yeah, your probably right, but its a V8...Whats a zip code close to u, I will find u a GT in your price range....

Ok...i found a few...Your right, it seems like there arent many V8 stangs for sale in your area. i guess Im spoiled out here in California, because you can find nice ones all day for that price.... I did find a few though. The 1st two are V8 5 spd, & the last 2 are v8 auto....They are kinda far away, but maybe worth checking out....

http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/detai...skbb&paId=230782558&recnum=16&leadExists=true

http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/detai...rskbb&paId=134171249&recnum=6&leadExists=true

http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/detai...rskbb&paId=222589740&recnum=9&leadExists=true

http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/detai...skbb&paId=226901156&recnum=17&leadExists=true

is that at performance mustangs?

i WOULD NOT buy anything from them at all!

get a carfax first off...

i've seen/wittnessed/experienced what they do first hand...

one example.

out at the track one night a guy that works there, a hispanic guy was out there running a car that was for sale on consignment that wasn't his car. it was a 01 cobra i believe, and the owner did not give his permission!

they take modded out fox's that are junk, throw stock parts on them, take them to macco and have a cheap paint job thrown on the car, say its a 1 or 2 owner.
trust me, i've seen it all happen from them.

I KNEW THE CAR HAD BEEN REPSRAYED! dude i KNEW in my gut that they didn't feel right. when i left there i said i'd rather pay 8 grand for a V6 than 10 grand for a GT that wasn't worth 6K. tomorrow i have a major job interview so if i get it my price range will jump considerably :)

congrats man! goodluck on the interview.

i'm from baytown, texas...i work by the reliant stadium. i've heard everything there is about performance mustangs, i would stay far far far away from them!

yeah, everything about that place made my stomach turn. it didn't take a rocket scientist to see they were full of it.

if i get the job im gonna go haggle on a a DSG with black leather and 03 cobra wheels i found for little under 12K :)

the thing is i could afford the car now but i wouldn't be comfortable with it eating that much of my extra money. it sucks working in small towns getting paid dick.

okay well you guys are gonna think im a :taco: but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. i got this job offer at a company called racing solutions (RSI) in houston. im taking a slight paycut during my probation for 3 months so i can hopefully make waaaaaaaaaaay more money down the line. i'll be in charge of making the company a household name among viper owners. yeah, they supe up vipers. they do anything to any car but mainly they focus on vipers.

anyhow, i needed a car so i cratered and picked up this V6 5spd for my price range with only 70K on the clock. its clean on the inside and seems mechanically sound.

its 100% temporary, i slide around in the "leather" seats and due to rock chips the car almost needs a whole respray but the thing drives and i can focus on my new huge responsibility instead of trying to find a car i can barely afford anyways.

so, yeah, GT is gonna hafta wait. sorry guys.

I know you wanted one in perfect shape, but if its your DD its going to get scratched, dinged, or something eventually. Its hard to find a perfect car, let alone for under 10K.

I wouldnt have let a few small cosmetic things force you to get V6. Id much rather drive a V8 with a few scratches than a mint V6.

Not talking about the green one, but you said you looked at others.