found a GT, need opinions

AvalancheSVT

10 Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
i found this 2000 5spd GT with 73K miles for like 10grand at a mustang shop near me. it looks like its too good to be true so i'd like some opinions. i talked to a salesperson on the phone and she said its in immaculate condition with only 1 owner.

3650-01.jpg

3650-02.jpg

3650-05.jpg

3650-06.jpg

3650-07.jpg

i've been checking out cars around town and everytime i show up they have scratches and dings so i dont have my hopes up but she talks like the sucker was cared for really well.

so watcha think?

• Sponsors (?)

i wasn't a huge fan of it at first either but its the same color as my ranger was and it grew on me. i think with 01 headlights and some bullitt running gear it'd look a lot nicer :)

Looks clean as hell.

Not a fan of the color, but i think you have a good idea with some bullitt items. I think regular bullitt wheels or 18" versions would look better than the chrome

shooot look at those headlights! No oxidization at all! It looks to be in good condition. 10k isnt a bad price, but I would still try and talk him down as low as possible. I dont think the color is that bad, it just needs the right stance :)

my bud who lives down the road checked her out for me. here's what he said:

outside is a 8.9 outa 10 because it looks like the side skirts and bumper been repainted. Flawless none the less ! No dents at all the right side side skirt has a lil bend/tear but not noticable at all ! Inside is a 7.9 it has leather interior but the dirver side has wear and tear no rips but its on the verge of having some.Back seat flawless and passenger side has veins running across the leather,well creases you know. The car does look clean very clean very much worth checking out in person.

sooo... if it passes my anal retentive inspection monday i might be the newest-new-to-me-GT owner on stangnet. cross your fingers boys.

That's a good price since it is 7 years old. The #1 thing I hate about 99 and 00 Mustangs is that like every pair of headlights I've ever seen on them are oxidized out. I'm guessing those are new.

Make sure it wasn't in an accident maybe front end? And those seats are UNREAL. Mustang seats don't look like that for a MONTH after you sit in them.

Edit: although it's missing it's e brake boot? (???)

i wish i could find a blue/silver/white GT with black interior for a similar price but this one looks like too good of a deal to pass up.

good eye on the ebrake boot. i missed that. i'll have em knock off another 250 lol

if i get this i'll probably be doing:

bullit suspension
FR500 DD's
grill delete
01+ headlights

when funds permit. the chrome wheels are gaudy as all get out but i guess they're better than stock 00' 17's.

Mine are in GREAT shape:D

Has 62k on it

The lady that owned it must have only weighed like 90 lbs.

They look even better in person...:shrug:

View attachment 382108

WTF?? I thought all 99-04 GT leather seats had perforated vinyl center strips. Yours appear to be solid??

Mine are in damn good shape. I try to maintain them with leather conditioners to keep them soft. I've done a decent job. When they dry out, they start to crack badly. My passenger seat looks brand new almost! Oh and the back seat is vinyl, not leather :(

View attachment 382109
View attachment 382110

Ah you are right. Those got a TRUE leather interior with full leather seats and a leather rear seat.

Interesting how the pony on the passenger seat is running the wrong way though

I wonder if my Mach 1 seats are full leather, or if they have vinyl also.

About the GT. Im not fond of that color scheme, but it is a damn clean car, & that price is pretty decent. If the green doesnt bother you, I say go for it. BTW, MakotoS13, is that your 240 in the sig pic?