Found oil puddled on timing cover (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

I finally had time to pull the dizzy after getting all the damm landscaping done. I found the oring on the dizzy to be so hard I could not get it off with out it breaking in three. Im gonna call ford and see about getting a new one. I found at autozone a package of orings for the dizzy. Im gonna call them tomorrow and see if they have one for the car. I hope this will solve my oil problem cuz I do not want to pull the intake.

later
Orlie

I always use the red sticky gasket sealant from Permatex on all gaskets except heads of course. On the ends of the intakes and on the coolant passages I use Black RTV. I place the rubber end gaskets in place with the RTV on the bottoms and on the ends. and I let them sit overnight with a weight placed over them. You can run a couple long breaker bars across the span of the engine. You can also use a couple crescent wrenchs opened up just enough to go over the gaskets to help keep them in line. Wait overnight and then lay the RTV to it on top and on those coolant passages right before sitting the intake down. Never had a leak............................

Well I found the right oring for the dizzy. Started up the car went for a ride and did some 6000rpm pulls. Got home and did not see any oil on the timing cover.So I think the oil leak was out of the dizzy. But I got more oil issues. Read the new thread. By the way thanks for the help, and future help.

later
Orlie