Foxes w/LS1 WTF!

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
WTF is it with all these Mustangs out there with LSX engines in them? Seems like every time a Fox is on Pinks its powere by a LS engine. I think its blasphemy! Ford makes great engines and if you want more cubic inches get a damn 351 and stroke it :fuss: I know the LS engines are great but they need to stay behind bowties and not blue ovals.

End Rant, please discuss amongst yourselves.

• Sponsors (?)

I swear if i had money to burn i would build a Camaro with a stroked 351W in it. I'd do a SN95 interior swap, paint it a Ford blue color and put Mach 1 rocker panel stripes on it.

* puts flame suit on* ok now with that out of the way... personally if its fast then i can appreciate it for what it is. i never really understood the whole ford/chevy thing.

So i've gotta stir the pot and ask, if someone put a crazy turbo 1.6 Vtec Honda engine in one, that would be cool too huh?

:stirpot:

i dont think "cool" would be the right term, more of a morbid curiosity as to how they actually bolted it up and got it to work. and come on man....a b16? you could atleast swap in a h22...cuz as the old saying goes...theres no replacement for displacement. :p

beacuse the're power house light weight motor, why not.

What about my friends 96 BMW M3 with a LS6 and Magna Charger? Just remember, fast is fast.

226390.jpg

WTF is it with all these Mustangs out there with LSX engines in them? Seems like every time a Fox is on Pinks its powere by a LS engine. I think its blasphemy! Ford makes great engines and if you want more cubic inches get a damn 351 and stroke it :fuss: I know the LS engines are great but they need to stay behind bowties and not blue ovals.

End Rant, please discuss umongst yourselfes.

a couple of observations

1) sorry man, its one thing to type some words based on how they sound, but that would imply that you actaully say "yourselfes" and thats just funny. if you know what a 351 stroker is, you should know how to type "amongst yourselves"

2)pinks cars are a risk. Naturally you'd wanna make the fastest car possible for the least amount of money. LSXs are cheap, and foxes are cheap. LSXs are powerful and foxes are light. the combo would make for a cheap, fast car.

3)i agree. put a chevy in a chevy and a ford in a ford. B16s can go get the groceries.

4) I love GM guys. im just waitin for the poo to fly from an ignorant ford fan who says the LSx's suck and then the GM guys are gonna come on and defend it. Its just funny to me how they go on and on about how much better the LSx is than any ford engine ever, and theyre cheaper to boot. At the same time, however, they want everyone to worship their cars, and worship them for owning their LSx's, as if theyre supercar engines. In reality, people who buy LSx's have no more money and are no more qualified to buy high performance engines than anyone else. Anyone can buy a chevy crate motor. Anyone can buy a ford crate motor. My point here is that theyre equivalent (hell, you can put LS1 heads on a 302). I dont put the LSx's on a pedestal. There are plenty of LS2s running around with 900+ rwhp, and there are plenty of terminators and GT500s doing the same. It really doesnt matter to me what you buy, i just wish people would recognize that the world would be a really boring place if everyone had LSx's. i think the GM boys should be happy with their engines and quit crapping all over ford guys for NOT buying an LSx. I think the best thing to do is buy what makes you happy and respect the fact that others have different opinions. Today, it doesnt matter. in the 50s, different companies might ahve made better cars / trucks / engines. Today the technology is so good it doesnt matter. Everything will run for 500,000 miles if you take care of it, and any of the big V8s can go to 4-digit power levels for less than the price of an exotic. Buy the one you want and let others do the same.

Maybe because its a superior engine? Who gives a crap if its from Chevy or not. Fanboys confuse me so much sometimes.

Im sure you would frown on a 2JZ also (or whatever the damned supra engine is called).

So i've gotta stir the pot and ask, if someone put a crazy turbo 1.6 Vtec Honda engine in one, that would be cool too huh?

:stirpot:

Not quite as cool as the Skyline motor they dropped in that Mustang in Tokyo Makes Rice Drift movie.:rlaugh:

a couple of observations

1) sorry man, its one thing to type some words based on how they sound, but that would imply that you actaully say "yourselfes" and thats just funny. if you know what a 351 stroker is, you should know how to type "amongst yourselves"

2)pinks cars are a risk. Naturally you'd wanna make the fastest car possible for the least amount of money. LSXs are cheap, and foxes are cheap. LSXs are powerful and foxes are light. the combo would make for a cheap, fast car.

3)i agree. put a chevy in a chevy and a ford in a ford. B16s can go get the groceries.

4) I love GM guys. im just waitin for the poo to fly from an ignorant ford fan who says the LSx's suck and then the GM guys are gonna come on and defend it. Its just funny to me how they go on and on about how much better the LSx is than any ford engine ever, and theyre cheaper to boot. At the same time, however, they want everyone to worship their cars, and worship them for owning their LSx's, as if theyre supercar engines. In reality, people who buy LSx's have no more money and are no more qualified to buy high performance engines than anyone else. Anyone can buy a chevy crate motor. Anyone can buy a ford crate motor. My point here is that theyre equivalent (hell, you can put LS1 heads on a 302). I dont put the LSx's on a pedestal. There are plenty of LS2s running around with 900+ rwhp, and there are plenty of terminators and GT500s doing the same. It really doesnt matter to me what you buy, i just wish people would recognize that the world would be a really boring place if everyone had LSx's. i think the GM boys should be happy with their engines and quit crapping all over ford guys for NOT buying an LSx. I think the best thing to do is buy what makes you happy and respect the fact that others have different opinions. Today, it doesnt matter. in the 50s, different companies might ahve made better cars / trucks / engines. Today the technology is so good it doesnt matter. Everything will run for 500,000 miles if you take care of it, and any of the big V8s can go to 4-digit power levels for less than the price of an exotic. Buy the one you want and let others do the same.

Yeah, never could spell or type well :shrug: But you understood it so its cool :nice:

And I agree with you, I like GM cars and engines and respect th LS series and LT series of engines. I have also seen the article on the guy that did the LS1 heads on a 302, didnt he only have to block off some coolant passages? But Ford makes so many nice motors aswell for the same price (or right around) that its dissapointing to see so many with GM power. It wouldnt be so bad if I saw it onece, hell the first time I saw it I thought it was neat. The problem is I have seen 5 or more on Pinks with GM V-8s and online I have seen several more. I hate hearing GM guys say "see it takes Chevy power to make a Ford fast" when it could be just as fast or faster with a Ford powerplant :shrug: I meen isnt a Ford Crate 351 making the same power as a 346 LS1 a little less expensive but making more torque?

Maybe because its a superior engine? Who gives a crap if its from Chevy or not. Fanboys confuse me so much sometimes.

Im sure you would frown on a 2JZ also (or whatever the damned supra engine is called).

I would in a Mustang, even though the 2JZE I-6 is an increadiable engine. Stock bottom end good for 700hp and stock crank can handle 1600 hp :hail2: Thats a bad arse engine:nice: I like the LS engines too, I see alot of the LS7 making 700 horses with no power adders. Thats not the point, everyone in the world knows a Mustang is a Ford and to have a GM power plant just seems wrong :shrug: The Mustang is Fords flag waver, it symbolizes America and Fords performance accomplishments. We all know its not the fastest or best handling American sports car but its fun and its really more a Muscle car and to take an American Icon such as a Mustang and to put a Japanese engine in it would really be wrong IMO.

this pisses me of as well,and i cant count how may times ive seen 350's on 1930's bucket seat hot rod fords....so to see ls based eninges in a fox is just another thing to cope with. Ive asked so many people why they would do it, and the same response is cost, they say its eaier, and ceaper to make a chevy motor, something along those lines......

Overall, the ls engines are just serious, as ive grown up and began to lose loyalty with FORD, fast is fast! with the damn SS N/a keeping up with the blown cobras you just have to hats off...... im a damn loyal mustang man and think camaros all look like shiot....except the new ones coming around the corner....they are just too nice. i think the problem is the ford vs. chevy thing is just classic but the focus needs to be on the domestics, especially with the domestic rep going down the drain. i was in buisness class the other day and the teacher said Ford uses advetising such as Built ford Tough! so consumers would expect it too last, and 95 percent of the class, mumbled garbage under their breath, and one kid bragged about his scion:eek:
but hey thats americans for you:flag: i own a VW:( but i hate the damn thing and i want to sell it for an old 2.3L beater mustang:flag:......Although this sounds corny i think we should stop hating on domestic brands and only shoot to kill imports:flag:
chevy doesnt make junk....and neither does FORD......

I can't say it really bothers me one way or the other but, no thanks. I'm certainly not anti-GM (the LS1 SS is one of my favorite cars) but dropping that motor into a Mustang almost smacks of admitting defeat. NEVAR! I really don't care if that sounds radical or not. lol As long as I drive a Mustang I'm all about the rivalry that always has and always will exist between the Mustang and its GM Pony couterparts. I also love playing the role of the underdog, so to me this simply is not an option. I realize that at the end of the day it's just another motor but I would find another way.