FP and Timing ?

mc1200s

Jul 19, 2005
Hi, this evening I'm attempting to tune my car.

90 gt
venolia pistons
eagle rods
boss 302 crank
stock block
stage 3 Systemax
stage 3 canfields 2.08 - 1.6
Z-303 cam
30 lb injectors
75 mass air
65 (bottle neck) throttle body
255 in tank pump
1 3/4 long tubes
3 inch h-pipe
factory 3.08 gears
stock fuel lines and computer ect...

ive also got a anderson motosport pms which was never sent back to him for a tune with my info---i thought i would be blown and tuned by now----but i still got 2.25 inch cat back exhaust

this is an idea of where im at and what im running. What fuel pressure should I start my sight, smell, sound, seat of the pants in car tuning with

i havent messed with this car in a long time-and it hasn't been tuned since excessive motorsports built it, but sometime down the line with me continually screwing with it, its running rougher. Its mechanically smooth, just out of tune.

When I ran the car the best et was 14.0 at 106 mph 2.50 60 ft times(this car has the stock rear end and the clutches are burned out--single tracking bog launch that breaks loose when the R's get up. At bitch of a lauch. It is built for a blower and doesn't start to pull to higher RPM's. It use to pull past 7k with ease, now its struggles .Even with its few missing pieces I know 110 plus traps are possible with this temporarily N/A set up. Never dynoed, but it feels like I'm getting 280 whp out of it due to my butt dyno- but it should be capable of 350 plus in its current state?

What should I start with for my timing and Fuel pressure?

• Sponsors (?)

Always start your tuning with the stock settings when using the Factory computer.

10* of ignition advance
~ 39psi of fuel pressure

Mess with it from there to find ideals.

That combo would probably run much smoother with a tune.
I imagine the idle gets a little eratic?
Are you getting any codes from the computer?

jason

The idle isnt as bad as you would think. The car idles somewhat high, I'd say 900, so its more tight and fast than anything else. I once had a car running the E cam and it was more eratic. Lower idle, always that chance that it would die--this one never does that.

It is eating the gas though. About 11 mpg mixed driving. There was a day when I was getting almost 20 when driving it around babying it. It's got the granny gears, ya know.
T'll try what you said. The last time I did this I did a pretty ****ty job. I'm out of touch with my car. Shooting for good results tonite. All depends if me and my guys brain are working....