Fuel Injection vs Carba

ITBs(individual throttle bodies, which use stacks) are still used on a lot of modern EFI engines...take a lot a suzuki GSXr....150HP out of 1000ccs...they are used to increase engine response...but mainly people do it because it looks cool...you could use a single plenum on top of the stacks and a shelby style air filter and lid

Interesting. I'd imagine the stacks would have to be whittled down to size if you were to stick on an air filter on top.

Going back to another question I had, I was looking up Mass-Flo EFI online, and I was reading about how the guy promises the carb'd look and so forth with the nice aircleaners, but if that's the case, what is the function of the air cleaner?

Link to what I'm talking about.

• Sponsors (?)

Interesting. I'd imagine the stacks would have to be whittled down to size if you were to stick on an air filter on top.

Going back to another question I had, I was looking up Mass-Flo EFI online, and I was reading about how the guy promises the carb'd look and so forth with the nice aircleaners, but if that's the case, what is the function of the air cleaner?

:scratch:...................:doh:............................:dead:

While I respect EFI's ability to keep the engine in tune for a much wider range of operating conditions, and the resulting higher HP, TQ, and MPG, I like cars as a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be fun, and frankly, EFI just isn't that fun. It's too "serious", IMHO, and cuts the simplistic appeal of classics which makes up half of why classics are a fun hobby in the first place. Plus the cost of O2 sensor, TPS, etc. replacement over, say, 100k miles (assuming you drive your classic, like I do), can eat into the fuel cost advantage over a carb setup.