Gas Tanking leaking...

• Sponsors (?)

Jeff7477 said:
heh, its not too bad. Wondering if I have seen your car around town before, what does it look like?

Is it white? I have seen a white stang around town on welds and some big meats on the back.

No its a silver 90 coupe with black stripes on the hood and decklid and unfortunantly it has a saleen fin on the back,havnt got around to removing it yet but I will

It is not uncommon for tanks to leak. Seems to me that parts stores can get them for a around 100 bucks or a bit more. Or resto houses have them too.
Newer stangs use the same tank too (my bud's 98GT tank looked just like ours) if you have to hit the J/Y.

Good luck.

I just threw away a tank. Bought a new one online from Autozone. It was shipped to my door in just a couple of days. My old one was leaking from the rubber o-ring on top of the tank where the fuel pump goes in and also seeping from the filler tube grommet. I couldn't tell for sure where the gas was leaking from until I started the car up with the fuel tank laying on the ground and hooked up. Then it started leaking like crazy from the o-ring. Replaced the rubber grommet and o-rings (2 on my '84 tank) and no more problems with fuel leaking. Just went ahead and replaced the tank anyway. You might want to go ahead and pick up a new fuel filter too. No matter how careful you are you will dislodge some debris somewhere that will work its way into the fuel lines. Mine ran like crap for a week or two---cutting out sporadically. Good luck.