Got a letter from ford today...

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
it says their desperate to aquire several pre-owned 1995 mustangs before monday july 11th. also says if i want to exchange it for any new 2005 ford i can recieve up to 5,000 in rebates and incentives :shrug: also has a savings voucher for $500 attached...

anyone else get one of these?

• Sponsors (?)

i dont have a 95 so i didnt get one, but if i was you i would go for it!

i wonder why they need 95's? but it sounds like a sweet deal to me. the money for your car, plus 5000 plus 500?

i just did like a base blue book on a 95 GT(i dont know what you have) and that came to 4500. 4500+5000+500=10,000. thats a really good trade in towards an 05. plus if they really need them, they will offer you even more money for it. i say go to them and see whats up.

Yes they may give you 5500 or so in rebates but also check that maybe all they are offering for the car. So the 4500 or so the car is worth you not gonna get that too. They are just gonna chop 5500 off the 06 price. therefor you would be getting a trade in of 5500 for the car humm depending upon condition and location you may want to sell it yourself for more money.

95WhiteVenom said:
Yes they may give you 5500 or so in rebates but also check that maybe all they are offering for the car. So the 4500 or so the car is worth you not gonna get that too. They are just gonna chop 5500 off the 06 price. therefor you would be getting a trade in of 5500 for the car humm depending upon condition and location you may want to sell it yourself for more money.

:stupid:

It says "up to $5000".

That's how I got my 04 Ranger last year, except I traded in my 94 Explorer. I got almost $5K off the sticker price, plus they gave me $1750 for my Exploder with 133K and a slipping transmission.

It's a scam, they don't need your 95. What they 'need' is to hook you up with 5yrs of payments on an 05 Ford.

I used to get those alot(not so much anymore). It started shortly after I took my car to a Ford dealer to have the hood recall done.

My girlfriend got one from the local GM dealership and it is just a scam to get you to buy something. It may be for real but is still a scam. There is no reason that they would want a '96 cavilier.

Check the fine print again. Is that $5k plus trade in on your car, or $5k for your car in trade? I am guessing it's the later. In which case it's a total scam. You could easily talk a dealer down from sticker plus get more in trade on your car than a stinking $5k. More like $7K to $8 for you car and dealer concession on the new one IMHO.

And that would just get you even. They would have to do MORE to incent you to buy up.

Just think of this they fix an old 95 up freshen the interior,exteroir,tranny and motor. Slap on any FMS wheels and they are gonna put that thing on a lot for like 10-15K prolly even more knowing how some of those dealers love to rape people.