Handz Detailed: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Grandparent Bought a 2003 SL55 AMG. The car was purchesed used and the previous Owner Really Neglected it. The Car had MAJOR swirl Marks from car washes and had never been waxed.

Products Used:

Adam's Car Wash
Dry With Waffle Weave Towel
Adam's Claybar
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 w/Lake Country Orange Pad
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 w/Lake Country White Pad
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant w/Lake Country Red Pad
Adam's VRT on Interior
Zymol Leather Conditioner
303 Aerospace on Enginebay
Master Formula on Wheels w/ Powerball

IMG_0921Small.JPG

IMG_0922Small.JPG

Before

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

After

IMG_0941Small.JPG

IMG_0942Small.JPG

IMG_0943Small.JPG

IMG_0944Small.JPG

IMG_0946Small.JPG

IMG_0950Small.JPG

IMG_0952Small.JPG

IMG_0956Small.JPG

IMG_0959Small.JPG

After Polish Wash

IMG_0940Small.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice Handz I must say! :D I got a nice shine like that on my stang recently with the Porter Cable.

Black can be a major b*tch, I know...but dang they really neglected that thing. It's such a sweet ride too...

Very Very nice work, Nice save. At my work (car wash) I have seen the most worst condition paints. they were so bad they would crack a mirror. I am a detailer to,it is hard to get all the cob webs out of my mach1. Black is a mirror when detailed but gets dirty because it shows every bit of dirt.

Great deal! And you did a great job on the paint! :nice:
I love my Porter Cable, I need a red pad. I have the orange, white and black.
Is the red similar to the black? When I ordered mine they were out of the lake red pads so they gave me some other companies black foam pad :shrug:

You are Wrong :nonono:
See thoes little grooves worn into the rotor? Yeah, thats wear. Now when a car olike that has that kind of wear you can tell he eaither went way past the schedualed replacement or rode his brakes, prolly overheating them. It might have a crack in one of them. Look at the front rotors closely and see if any of the holes have a small crack around them. Its a super fast car, dont wana risk bad breaks with the speeds that thing can do :shrug: Generaly AMG rotors cant be resurfaced, some can but I bet thoes cant. All its gonna do is add 10' to the stopping distance and might occasionally give some pedal vibration. The car is a steal even if it needs a complete brake overhaul :shrug:

Still a sweet car :nice:

Dont get all bent out of shape cause its not perfect. You sound like a middle class kid trying to be an upper class kid. :nonono:

I think LaserSVT is jealous because the Benz is Faster, Stops Quicker, Turns Harder, Looks Better, and is more comfortable that his silly Blue Cobra :D

Yeah, thats it! :rolleyes: And my daddy can beat up your daddy :fuss: :rlaugh:
I dont care if your parents got a Benz, wana run em? I gaurenty I will smoke you. Look the AMG is very quick, one of the quickest cars out there. 0-60 we might be neck in neck, through the quarter I will be quicker. I have shorter gears, more experience, stickier tires and a lighter car. Also I will have you on the top end as I have no speed limiter. I will out corner the hell out of that thing. Stock for stock they are pretty damn close and I have everything that can be done short of a roll bar and diff cover brace. I have pulled a 1.28 g average and spiked 1.8gs on a new series G-Tech. Brakes you may have me cause AMG brakes are steller but then again thoes brakes of THEIRS might be failing soon :shrug: Mabey not :shrug: I will also see 10 more MPG and I would like to see you clear a code on that car or do anything other then plugs or oil yourself. Go find the transmition dipstick :rlaugh: And looks are subjective. My car will cause people to stop and pull in a parking lot just to see it and ask about it. Will a stock Benz?
Put your car up against mine, same outcome only way worse.

Look SRT, The car is nice and I would like to pimp one. I know I cant afford the maintenence on a car like that. I had three BMWs, one was an M3 and a 750iL. They were great but I dumped them when the warrenty ran out.
Your parents got a good deal on a good car, dont try and start crap with me over it though. Just enjoy it and if you have been over the brakes and think they are fine then I am sure they are, you seem to have decient amount of automotive knowledge for your age. I just went by that pic and they looked questionable is all :shrug:

So now that thats over, is the red pad similar to the black sponge finishing pad? Also where is a good place to get the Wolfgang stuff?

Its a bad ass car but I really dont think it would out perform svt's car in anyway..

Its 4400+ curb weight really kills....

it might see high 12s at like 111-112 MPH in perfect conditions...otherwise like 13 flat at 110

Anyways, good job on the detail...the PC 7424 really makes it easy for anyone to turn **** into a beautiful paintjob if theyve got time and patience.