Has AnyOne Hit 200mph W/00-04 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

When I had the 355's out back I hit 146 with no mods it was rock stock using V-Power gas "super". I was not even hitting the rev limiter. 5,600+- rpm cant remember. My engine is still tight and runs like a Rolex. Car was built on a wednesday. Maybe that helped....auto workers still have hangovers from the weekend come monday and tuesday. It is a jewel. I have hit my rev limiter so many times I lost count. "great now nobody will buy my car" lol. Has 36k miles.

313Stang said:
that's nothing.. once I put my 2000 18x9.5" Cobra R rims on I hit like 375mph... Unfortunately I had the windows down and the vacuum effect sucked my puppy outta the window..

LOL

Well and um, yeah 200 MPH is a big mark. There's quite a bit that could go wrong. But good luck if youre serious :p

old 99 vert w/ top down got to 140 with a little leftover....got scared I was gonna get me and my three friends dead... anyhoo sounds like your serious, I think its possible ill be at the bonnie to see ya jus tell us when its goin to happen

chinostang said:
old 99 vert w/ top down got to 140 with a little leftover....got scared I was gonna get me and my three friends dead... anyhoo sounds like your serious, I think its possible ill be at the bonnie to see ya jus tell us when its goin to happen

my god the fastest i've gone with the top down was 120. it felt like I was being sucked out of the car, and the only thing holding me in was the seat belt. I cant imagine what 140 felt like.

Do a search for open road racing. There are quite a few 94-98 Cobra's out there that are in the unlimited class. This class is 200MPH and over. I read an article about a Cobra with only 550HP doing it. Most are putting out around 600 to 700HP. You will have to spend around $5000 to $10000 on the suspension, most are running Griggs Racing components. A 10 or 12 point roll cage is a necessity. You wll see a lot running differential coolers and other NASCAR related components. Anything can be done with money. I will be rebuilding my 95 to eventually enter some of these races.

Good luck to you man! 200mph sounds like a tough goal to reach but I think it's definitely possible.

For everyone saying "a couple of cobra's have done it..etc" keep in mind that those are 4v's and he wants to accomplish this with his 2v. Won't the fact of not having the 2 extra valves effect top end performance? (well, unless he crams some godzilla-ceiling-fan size turbo under the hood)

-J

GTR_Stang03 said:
200 MPH!! I want to know what it will take to get there. Read my signature and add N2o. What gears and add-on's do I need... I do not want to change out the engine.

I don't know if you are going to be able to reach that with a stock block. You are going to need upwards of 600HP+ probably. It's going to be very hard with a 2V with bolt ons.
Just throw a Pro 5.0 motor in there or a serious Pro Outlaw motor and whola, there you have it. You don't even need all that room and land, all you will need is a 1/8 mile. :D
Or you can get a strong rope and hook it up to a F-16. Make sure it's long enough because I've heard that when those afterburners fire up, you don't want to be to close. And when he starts to lift off please release the cord, or not only will you be the first 2V to hit the 200mph, you'll also be the first to break the sound barrier. :nice:
I'm joking. But if you are serious, then good luck. Take pictures of the progress and make a video. I would love to see it.... :cheers:

QU!CK,
If he can get the necessary HP out of the 2v and have all the right components, its possible. I don't know if the 2v block can handle that much HP though. He might be able to find a used 4v and build it up. Like I said, all it takes is money.

speed is all a question of money how fast can you afford to go
I really want a slip with 200mph on it too. Now when I was doing my research a few years ago most of the guys were adding weight for the flats 2 reason 1. make the car more aerodynamic, no need for spoilers which rob your CD. 2. gives you weight to grab what little traction you have out there.
Once you hit the WALL you need lots more power to push through. I don't think a bolt-on car with n2o will do it. I think you'll need FI and I would go turbo's for this and once you do that you'll need all the stuff to go with it. Forged bottom end, P&P heads, and etc.
I did see the cobra that hit 200mph in a car trader mag for sale the one that was wrote up in mm&ff.
Also don't you have to qualify to go for the 200mph? Ie different speed runs.

use any of the cobra noses. they have less drag than the gt nose and you will need a new hood also the standard gt hood is not areo friendly. another thing you will need is a braced out chassis (if your nuts) or roll cage equipped car best bet for the salt flats(may even be a requirement actually)

also do not over look the suspension setup.

best advice is look at the 2000 cobra r setup. 180 is close and yeah it had the 5.8 the right gearing and the right cam cylinder head selection with a 200hp shot of nos you may get to 200mph

Status
Not open for further replies.