Hatch back Supports (Cylinders)

Hi All,

I got a 1993 GT hatch back and the supports that hold up the hatchback (cylinders) are worn and slowly will let the hatch fall down on your head. In cold weather they won't even stay opened. My question where can I go to get a good set at a reasonable price. Has anyone bought any before? Are there any tricks or tips to putting them on? What do they usually cost for the pair? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Thanks All :)

• Sponsors (?)

I got mine from 50resto late last year and after 2 days they couldn't even hold up the hatch at all...never contacted them about it...I probably wouldn't get new ones in return since it was almost a year ago...I just chunked them right in the trash...so I've just been running without hatch supports for a year :nonono: ...not fun when you trying to change a tire by yourself...

Hey Rick91 - With my clutch (guessing its the clutch) burning when I hit the POWERband (3500-4000+ rpm)...is that going to present a problem at the track...for example...could the stock clutch (year old)...shatter or something or will it just quicken the wear on the clutch but not actually cause the car to be undriveable...?

Sarge2155 said:
Hi All,

I got a 1993 GT hatch back and the supports that hold up the hatchback (cylinders) are worn and slowly will let the hatch fall down on your head. In cold weather they won't even stay opened. My question where can I go to get a good set at a reasonable price. Has anyone bought any before? Are there any tricks or tips to putting them on? What do they usually cost for the pair? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Thanks All :)

Thanks for all the replies...they in fact were a snap (pun intended) to replace. Got them at O'reillys with the lifetime warranty. Much better now thanks so much Stangers.......

Musclecarfan88 said:
soo thats $20 a piece as in they come seperately and you have to buy two of them for $40?? if thats the case i may just continue to be without working ones. :bang:
I said the same thing for awhile but that ****er is heavy as can be and I just finally gave in and got a pair from pep boys for $33 with the lifetime warranty as well.

my mom got mine for me at NAPA for $19.xx each. All you do to replace them is pop off the little c-clip, pull off the old shocks, press the new ones on and put the clip back. it takes like 5 minutes to do each one. And c'mon, you cant afford $40? What will you be saying you you have to pay $5000+ because it came down on your or someone else's head?