Have you had problems with you C&L MAF meter?

nitroponynj

Mar 1, 2004
I have a C&L MAf meter and Im thinking its causinfg my car to breaK UP. I just got my H/C/I done and at idle the car revs up fine no problems. no this is my problem,,,,One day ill drive it and itll run fine then Ill shut it off then ill try it like 15 minutes later and itll break up bigtime,,, Ive already replaced cap wires and rotor Im about to drain the tank and install a new fuel pump while im at it,,,,,shuodl i switch to a PRO M maf meter???? need help car sounds awesoem and when itas not breaking up it runs awesome I hit it yesterday and it blew the tires loose so fast it hit the factory rev limiter really really quick!!! I want to drive this car need help

• Sponsors (?)

What size injectors are you running? If you're still on the stock,or aftermarket,for that matter,19lb/hr injectors,just put the factory MA meter back on to see if the prob goes away. If it does,find yourself another brand to use. It's better to go by the process of elimination than to start throwing money at it,and hope that fixes it. :D

To answer the question posted in your Thred,
No I have never had a problem with my C&L MAF.

When you say your car "breaks up", I'm assuming you mean it is missing.
This could be atributed to alot of different things but usually ignition, then maybe fuel delivery.
Check all the simple things first, like plug/wire connections (you mentioned that you just replaced). Check all your vacuume line connections (you just did your intake).
Did you change injectors? If you did, is the MAF calibrated to them? Are thyey old/dirty?
Lots of things to look into before going out and buying a different MAF.

Two good pieces of advice above. The problem could be from either fuel or ignition. A breakout box, if available, along with the voltage parameters will allow you to obtain readings of what the MAF is doing. With the C&L meter, it could be just a sampling tube that's fouling things up. I'm sure that you have to give them some information about what you're running, in order for them to provide you with the appropriate sampling tube.

Hope this helps.

I've got a 76mm C&L. No problems once I figured out that they are sensitive to resonance and fanwash. The effect on the engine was a subtle miss and some erratic idle...but nothing like you appear to be experiencing. I made a sheet aluminum cover over my meter and airfilter...cured the problem.

I talked to a guy from C&L and he thinks the electronis on my MAF need to be cleaned....tjhis is my setup

Vic JR heads Vic EFI intake, 80MM C&L MAF METER/for 30lbs injectors, 75mm TB, MSD 6al MSD TFI coil, 30lbs injectors, 236 248 @ 050 574 595 lift. 410 gears, elctric fan no A/C or Heat or power steering etc etc etc

this is strange it will run ok then it wont it breaks up or runs fine this is crazy,,,when it breaks up its all the time not just up top or on the low end, Ive replaced the cap rotor and wires and now Im about to clean the MAF and drain the gas tank and if that doesnt do the trick ill look at my MSD box next I have a spare MSD 6 box after that new coil who knows ...C&L guy thinks the meter wire is dirty causing it to break up but Ill see Sunday casue thats the next day I can work on it.. I was thinking bad gas but who knows??