Having my upper polished...here's progress pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

miley_stang said:
Thanks! I try to look out for my fellow stang enthusiasts! My concept is that I know what it feels like to want parts and nice things for your car, but it's out of reach because of cost!! I can offer good deals because I specialize in Mustang parts..

Well my shop is a wholesale dist. for mold shop tooling, we for the most part carry the high tech metal removal items, including most all types of sanding and polishing products avaiable,as well as the entire ingersoll rand air products..finishing etc. Having the products available and knowing how much time is involved I can't help but be impressed with your work, it's appears to be the best finish I have seen to date. For my 35th (don't laugh at the old guy) in Feb I'm looking to get my hands on a stock 5.0 upper intake polished for my garage display..I wounder what you might charge, and if you might be able to attain the upper, and if so what would the required total be for that?

man that intake is gorgeous. i just got done polishing my head unit and let me tell you, any further polishing will be done by someone else. the anount of hours i have in it for it to still not look perfect is absolutely insane. i may be contacting you guys in the near future about my s-trim since i didnt polish inside the "honeycomb" at all.

WOW!!! that is some VERY NICE work. if i ever want my intake or anything else polished i know where im sending it.

ive been working on polishing a spare razr cell phone cover and its some teedious work! i dont think i could tackle a project like an intake or VC's myself after doing this

I appreciate all the kind words! I'm a small business right now but hopefully the new year will bring plenty of opportunity my way!
mootang said:
ken where are you located?

My shop is located in Venice, FL

Green 94 5.0 said:
man that intake is gorgeous. i just got done polishing my head unit and let me tell you, any further polishing will be done by someone else. the anount of hours i have in it for it to still not look perfect is absolutely insane. i may be contacting you guys in the near future about my s-trim since i didnt polish inside the "honeycomb" at all.

I could do that for you, here is a pic of one I completed recently:
SCside-474x352.jpg

SCpullyside-514x383.jpg

Trade secrets man!! j/k

The tight angles are very tricky and take alot of time. I use a host of equipment and supplies to get the finish I need.

I sand up to 320 grit via equipment, then 400 wet by hand. It's a process and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get a much better finish than even the manufacturers get!

miley_stang said:
Trade secrets man!! j/k

The tight angles are very tricky and take alot of time. I use a host of equipment and supplies to get the finish I need.

I sand up to 320 grit via equipment, then 400 wet by hand. It's a process and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get a much better finish than even the manufacturers get!

i dont know what those tricks are but they work LOL

i've been sanding all my polished things to 400 wet but i dont think i spend enough time on the finer grit.

i got a polishing kit with a lot of buffing wheels i'm gonna try out.

great job man

miley_stang said:
I'm a small business right now but hopefully the new year will bring plenty of opportunity my way!
Man, I was thinking of polishing some things myself when I finally get around to working on my engine, but you offer great work for such a steal, I hope some of your business in the new year goes to me as well :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.