Headlamp problem

fine99

Aug 11, 2003
Saskatchewan
I have a problem with my headlamp assembly, the adjusting mechanism is stripped. Took it into Ford and they are saying that the adjuster cannot just be replaced and I need a new headlamp assembly. I thought I could just replace the adjuster (the rear part of the assembly) but the partsman says that you can't. Complete assembly is $421.00 :notnice: :notnice:

The car is a 99GT. Did anyonelse ever have this problem and what was the fix?

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't heard of this problem, but you can get a complete assembly for about $100 less than he is quoting you. If you decide to go that way take a look around online...I've seen some places that will sell the set of both headlamps for $320 or so.

Junk yards are full of Mustangs with broken headlights and tail lights (the glass or lens is broken, but the rest of the assembly is usable). I've bought tail light assemblies for $5 and head light assemblies for $10.

I have a problem with my rear passenger light. I was installing sequential tail lights and the one went out so i sent it back and got a new one, now one side works and the other doesnt. If I buy a used rear light will it come with the wires/bulbs or just the light cover? Really all I need are the bulbs and wires.

03gtmustang . . . I bought the broken tail light assembly (for $5) just for the lamp sockets, which were all intact. I even got 4 spare bulbs. Just tell the wrecking yard you want a broken light for a spare socket. They will be happy to sell it to you cheap; there's not much of a market for lights with smashed lenses.