HELP!

bigm_05

Nov 11, 2006
Illinois
I have A 1995 Mustang GT 5.0! My car has been starting with rough idle, But not everytime.. Sometimes it will start and run like a champ!then all of a sudden start cutting in and out..notice rpms.jumping. Also now as im driving gaining speed.it skips.any ideas? I have changed fuel filter.. any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

You need to use the underhood connection to pull codes. It has a cover on it that says "EEC Test," and it's located by the driver's side strut tower.

The PIP (which stands for Profile Induction Pickup) is the magnetic pickup coil inside the distributor bowl which tells the car to fire the injectors, the coil, and run the fuel pump.

Moved to 94-95 Tech.

Could've sworn it was on the driver's side? Maybe I've been spending too much time in 5.0 Tech...

Matt's right if it's an aero fox (where the tread originated) and Davis3 is right for 94-95 V8's.

Sometimes when a thread is misplaced, we have the wrong thinking cap on. I recently did this in PM's with Rad. I thought he had a fox III when in fact he had a 94-95. :doh: