HG....AGAIN!!! Which HG goes on backwards??

• Sponsors (?)

eades5.0 said:

Please, school me some more, all knowing one. NOT
First off, look through my posts and you will see that I did not say anything about your precious cometics.
Second, If you would like to make a call to felpro's tech line (1-800-325-8886) you can ask them yourself if you don't want to believe me (surely a guy who only has 31 posts cannot know anything). Felpro produces both mls gaskets and wire-loc, so they don't care which ones you buy. The engineers at felpro will tell, as they told me, that the loc-wire gaskets ARE the best at controlling boosted motors from blowing gaskets. Anyone don't believe me, call em yourself. But hey Eades, mayby you should call felpro and school their engineers as well. They only supply 9 out of 10 racers in the world their head gaskets. Hell maybe they will hire you and fire the other engineers. You could be a one man show. Or should I say a one PUSSSY show. The only thing you like to do is talk about how great you are.

Now get on your knees and start SUKKIN!! BIOCH!!

i guess while we are keeping this post alive....i found my problem...other than coolant escaping from my non-existant over-flow tank, my radiator cap was leaking too... after i put on a resivoir for the coolant i was still loosing coolant and my car was on the brink of overheating all the time....but i started to notice coolant sprayed out under my hood...and i noticed that i couldnt keep pressure in my radiator, got a new cap ($8 at auto zone) and i think im good to go :D

Yup your right Fel-pro does have MLS gaskets..very simliar to the cometics.
I never said u knocked the cometics...just said u gave bad advice.
I'd imagine Fel-pro would say there lockwires are the best..wouldnt you if you were Fel-pro.
Well I'm done with this one...I didnt get no where with this guy..he is hard headed.
Cometics are a better gasket than lockwires for boosted cars...alls I was sayin. If u dont wanna run um dont...thats fine, your car, your decsion. Either gasket hold great under boost, I said that in one of my post considering I ran them for 3 years....it's just the cometics hold the same under boost (maybe even better due to MLS) and have so many more options than the lockwires....custom sizing to change comp, reusable, no re-tq needed after heat cycle, and many others. As a hole the cometic is better, but both will do fine under boost.
I've said that twice, hopefully that gets thru your skull this time. I never said lockwires were the worst gasket to run on boosted cars (It just isnt the best)...I said the info u gave him was terrible, when he has a better gasket than a lockwire already on the car.

Glad u fig the prob out.

Lets recap shall we

O ringing is great if you enjoy living in the past, sport a mullet, and your family tree has no forks.

Cometics are the future, they are used in Le Mans, NASCAR, drag racing, and most important of all, my running turbo mustang. Yes I run cometics and they have seen 22 psi of boost with NO PROBLEMS AND NO O RINGS REQUIRED *****!!!!!!!!!!

Hey blackmagic94(nice name by the way gay boy), why don't you stop blowing eades and start on your own bandwagon!
As for eades, I guess you didn't want to make the call. That is no surprise.
The reason an O-ring is the best for boost is its ability to multiply clamping force applied by the head bolts to the specific areas directly around the cylinders. This is something that simply is not possible by any gasket design that divides the clamping force evenly across the entire surface. It is just simple physics. Sorry to make you look bad, but you just won't face facts. Whenever boost and horsepower get high enough, O-rings become a must. Not talking about N/A motors. Talkin about extreme cylinder PSI. Yes your cometics will do just fine most of the time. But this thread started about a guy with cometics and was still having gasket trouble.(so we thought at the time). So the next step up from the mls gasket is to go to O-rings. Read in your magazines, do your homework and you will find this to be true. Later hard head.

I can totally tell you been building race motors for 20years like you said....any grown man would call someone gay boy
"Hey blackmagic94(nice name by the way gay boy"

I'm done with this kid.
MLS...the layers is what give them better sealing ability.
Aluminum expands and contracts 1.7 times faster than steel, this causes tremendous shearing forces between the Aluminum head and the steel block attacking the structure of the gasket, trying to actually rip the gasket apart as the temperatures move up and down. In the past Copper O-ring gaskets were the solution to big power on multi material engines, today we achieve superb sealing and longevity that is unheard of even with the traditional Copper Gaskets and especially composite gasket materials. These gaskets will not work harden, they will not push between cylinders like a convention composite gasket and if installed and handled correctly they can be re-used. The unique design and the properties of the Stainless Steel material promotes even loading for a superior seal, reduced brindling in the head and reduced bore distortion. Copper gaskets are prone to work hardening in stressed areas causing hard spots and uneven tork loads which will eventually cause distortion of the bores and the cylinder head itself, these issues are resolved with the Cometic MLS Head Gaskets.

Just my opinion and 99% everyone elses...we will run cometics. I ran lockwires...been there done that, moved onto bigger/better things....you should try expanding your horizons, new technology is a b i t c h huh.....its not all about cubic inch these days.

eades5.0 said:
I can totally tell you been building race motors for 20years like you said....any grown man would call someone gay boy
"Hey blackmagic94(nice name by the way gay boy"

I'm done with this kid.
MLS...the layers is what give them better sealing ability.
Aluminum expands and contracts 1.7 times faster than steel, this causes tremendous shearing forces between the Aluminum head and the steel block attacking the structure of the gasket, trying to actually rip the gasket apart as the temperatures move up and down. In the past Copper O-ring gaskets were the solution to big power on multi material engines, today we achieve superb sealing and longevity that is unheard of even with the traditional Copper Gaskets and especially composite gasket materials. These gaskets will not work harden, they will not push between cylinders like a convention composite gasket and if installed and handled correctly they can be re-used. The unique design and the properties of the Stainless Steel material promotes even loading for a superior seal, reduced brindling in the head and reduced bore distortion. Copper gaskets are prone to work hardening in stressed areas causing hard spots and uneven tork loads which will eventually cause distortion of the bores and the cylinder head itself, these issues are resolved with the Cometic MLS Head Gaskets.

Just my opinion and 99% everyone elses...we will run cometics. I ran lockwires...been there done that, moved onto bigger/better things....you should try expanding your horizons, new technology is a b i t c h huh.....its not all about cubic inch these days.

Way to quote Cometics literature. You should be a salesperson for them. Well 99% Huh. But 9 of 10 racers use Felpro. OK that makes sense.

Alls I did was cut n paste the info from the link I posted above...just tryin to get the info out there.
Cometics are takin over dude...deal with it.

I also noticed that you havent posted to any other threads except this one in quiet a few days...so alls your doing is coming on here to argue with me..LMAO

Do me a favor mods...get this troll outta here :lock:

Thread revival!!!!!!
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo after a year of thinking that i couldnt do a head gasket swap to save my life..... i kept loosing coolant and didnt know where the crap it was going...... today while inspecting my parts upon engine rebuild (after having the same losing coolant problem 3 times) found 2 small holes in my fluidyne radiator!!! what the crap?! all 3 times i thought it was my inability to put on head gaskets!! i thought that exhaust was getting into my cooling system and pressurizing it to over 16 lbs and blowing the coolant out.... wrong now i feel like an idiot plus im out alot of money... oh well it was definalty a learning experience