Hit the dyno today. WEAK lol...

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Well, today I went and met up with a bunch of fellow stangers who drove from CT over at Dez Racing for a dyno day. I was originally going to just spectate, but they talked me into getting dynoed, and I figure it would be a nice baseline for my impending blower install. Mike (Dez) was breaking my chops for my stock gears, it took the car a bit of time to wind up on the dyno :p I plan on getting that fixed soon. I was running what you see in the siggy, and I made 233 rwhp/ 279 rwtq on a dynojet. Dez said the car was pretty much right on for what I have. What ticked me off was a guy with an 04 with a K+N CAI, factory tune, o/r x-pipe, and SLP catback, made 250RWHP. I need me a new midpipe! I didn't know the stocker was choking me that bad. It was a good time, and I did manage to get all the timing back into my tune, and the A/F was right on (not that it shouldn't be with my mods). I guess I've got some work to do...:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, u really dont have any mods that are going to add much power. I think those numbers are very respectable & right where u should be. U need to get an o/r midpipe though for when u get that future blower....

You've got nothing for mods, so 233 should be right on. Those XCal2's I seen afew people get next to nothing with that tuner and dynotune, maybe 2-4RWHP. I'd say that 250 is being very generous for his small mods.

Welcome to owning a 4.6...;)

Dont be too upset though. Each car is a little different, some stronger, some weaker.

You are very close to par for the amount of mods you have. Your tourqe numbers arent too shabby either and thats what really counts.

Yep. You heard of factory freaks? Well, I always thought my GT was a factory slug. It always made low #s compared to other autos with similar mods until its final run on the dyno (with a 6-speed, 428rwhp/433rwtq w/KB 1.7L @ 9PSI) before getting built.

I didnt know that...You have some big time money into that thing 4 sure...Not many people do the auto to manual swap on the modular cars...I wouldve been pleased with your 1st blower setup on the stock bottom end, but your car is insane now...have u ran it at the track yet???

Havent ran it since it was built balls to the wall except on closed courses in Mexico.

Personal best at the track with the auto (381rwhp/380rwtq) was a 12.60@112. I had 4.10s which caused me to run out of gear before the end of the 1/4, which killed my top end.

Best with the t56 (428rwhp/433rwtq) is 12.9@110. On average, my car was trapping 105-107. For some reason, my car was a lot slower at the track than on the dyno.

Havent ran it since it was built balls to the wall except on closed courses in Mexico.

Personal best at the track with the auto (381rwhp/380rwtq) was a 12.60@112. I had 4.10s which caused me to run out of gear before the end of the 1/4, which killed my top end.

Best with the t56 (428rwhp/433rwtq) is 12.9@110. On average, my car was trapping 105-107. For some reason, my car was a lot slower at the track than on the dyno.

No disrespect, but the track means more than the dyno....What tires were u on when u ran the 12.9 with the 6 speed? With that type of power & trap speed (110mph), your car should run a low 12....

Doubtful. 12.9 @ 110 is a pretty common # for a street setup. Most LS1 cars run upper 12s @ 109-111. He just needs more seat time and better rear tires.

Even with all his power now, he wouldnt go anywhwere if he left his street tires on it.

Doubtful. 12.9 @ 110 is a pretty common # for a street setup. Most LS1 cars run upper 12s @ 109-111. He just needs more seat time and better rear tires.

Even with all his power now, he wouldnt go anywhwere if he left his street tires on it.

No doubt. But if I had that type of power, i wouldnt even waste my time going to the track on anything shy of full slicks...

What ticked me off was a guy with an 04 with a K+N CAI, factory tune, o/r x-pipe, and SLP catback, made 250RWHP.

I am at 250 with a K&N filter and the mods in my sig.

I guess my first dyno run wasn't a fluke or dyno error:shrug:

My car (5spd 'o2) made 250rwhp with a K&N FIPK and an o/r prochamber on a dynojet