Hitting the dyno in 2 weeks !

Cobracanuck said:
OT: ive actually never been to the 1/4 mile either, anyone have any thoughts as to what my e.t. and trap would be?
I was thinking somewhere around 13.0-13.1? trap i have no clue

Now it's a little hard to say. There's more than just hp and torque on the 1/4mile. You need good sticky tires, a little bit of suspension work somehow, a decent track (which we dont have btw), etc. But take me for instance, I ran 12.801@108mph (more than 20runs in the 12's)..And thats with a few little problems on those runs. With that mph and slicks, I should be seeing mid-12's easy.

I know we're going on a Mustang Dyno and that the numbers are a little lower than dynojet, but with my mph I'd say that I'm a little above the 300rwhp range (if taken on a dynojet, like most people do). So if your stang really does have 311rwhp, then you should have trap speeds around 108-110, depending on lots of stuff like I was saying.

• Sponsors (?)

Cobracanuck said:
well, i definiely dont have sticky tires, i have almost bald BFG gforce 275-40zr17s. As far as suspension stuff goes, dont have much of that either. I have control arms and subframes, i think thats it. I'll have to go back and check my "list of mods" because i always forget.

I dont have that much suspension stuff either. Subframes, control arms and 70/30 front struts.

I've always been using the BFG Drs but I dont have them anymore. Now I'll be using my MT ET Drags

Stangfreak95 said:
underdrive pulleys are like the best bang for the buck. They say about 30hp, flywheel not rear wheel. But still :nice:

I dynoed my 2000 GT before and after with the Steeda Pulleys and I got 7 RWHP and 25FT-Lbs of torque more with the Pulleys on a Mustang Dyno SAE Corrected.

I will have to agree with Mario , this was the best bang for the buck... :nice:

*Problem*Problem*Problem*Problem*Problem*

I'm so god dam unlucky the last few days...I'm starting to freak out. On my way to the little car show, I felt something was weird with the car. Now that I think of it, it all started a couple weeks ago but I dont drive the stang enough to notice this like today. Tell me if this is a "slipping" clutch...

At ANY speed, at ANY RPM and ANY gear, if I floor the gas pedal, you just SEE the rpm's JUMP up as if I would be spinning which I am cause I feel the rear wheels wanting to break loose..So I have to let go. As soon as there's a minimum load, it does that. It's IMPOSSIBLE to downshift and floor it to pass somebody. Like fawkin 3 days before dyno day. This might screw everything up. I feel so much like NOT working on this. I'll have to check the adjustable clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster, clutch, etc.

Cant go dyno if I cant put the power to the ground..:nonono:

Cobracanuck, I'll let you know of the outcome.

Stangfreak95 said:
I'm so god dam unlucky the last few days...I'm starting to freak out. On my way to the little car show, I felt something was weird with the car. Now that I think of it, it all started a couple weeks ago but I dont drive the stang enough to notice this like today. Tell me if this is a "slipping" clutch...

At ANY speed, at ANY RPM and ANY gear, if I floor the gas pedal, you just SEE the rpm's JUMP up as if I would be spinning which I am cause I feel the rear wheels wanting to break loose..So I have to let go. As soon as there's a minimum load, it does that. It's IMPOSSIBLE to downshift and floor it to pass somebody. Like fawkin 3 days before dyno day. This might screw everything up. I feel so much like NOT working on this. I'll have to check the adjustable clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster, clutch, etc.

Cant go dyno if I cant put the power to the ground..:nonono:

Cobracanuck, I'll let you know of the outcome.

Sounds like the same problem I had. I had a nice new VT motor and couldn't take advantage of it due to the clutch slipping.

Stangfreak95 said:
Me and Cobracanuck are hitting the local dyno in exactly 2 weeks from today. I cant wait to see what kind of power we're pushing :spot:

I'll propably try to get some clip of it or something. And I would really want to try the nitrous on there but since I'm not tuning the car (just going for 3pulls), I wont have time to mess with the sparkplug gaps and timing, etc.

Unless I think of something ... :canada:

This is going to be on a Mustang dyno. I understand the numbers will be a little lower.

Gentlemen, make your guesses on what numbers you think I'll have !

:drool:

Hey who is Cobracanuck? Looks like there's enough of us '95ers to start our own club!

Cruise?

Mario: I might be selling my house - I'm seriously thinking about it and taking an apartment downtown. I might have enough to either put some badass goodies into the '95 or getting an '06 vert!
:banana: :banana:

God, post those dyno numbers as soon as you get them. My guess is going to be 314HP and 328TQ... :nice:

Well I talked to some very knowledgeable guy (Steve from Campbell Ford :hail2:) today about what happened last night. I told him the whole story and everything that was happening. He said that it is NOT a slipping clutch cause a slipping clutch would only make the engine "rev" without anything else happening. My thing is that I'm definately wanting to break loose so there's power that reaches the rear. So then he asks me when this that happened. I answer last night. Then he says that the cold weather was making me spin all the time, even in 5th gear. Same stuff happens to him and his truck , which is suppose to be not powerful. I also told him about my cheap Kuhmos after he told me what happened. He was even more certain after this information. So hopefully it's only that. I'll have to do a burn out I guess to warm them up and try them out after. I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO DO ANY BURNOUTS WITH THESE TIRES !!!

QCStang said:
:drool:

Hey who is Cobracanuck? Looks like there's enough of us '95ers to start our own club!

Cruise?

Mario: I might be selling my house - I'm seriously thinking about it and taking an apartment downtown. I might have enough to either put some badass goodies into the '95 or getting an '06 vert!
:banana: :banana:

God, post those dyno numbers as soon as you get them. My guess is going to be 314HP and 328TQ... :nice:

I havent met him yet but look forward to. We should definately go on a cruise us all sn95's :nice:

Wow Dan you're selling ? I guess you know what you're doing. How about an 06 Shelby GT instead of that 06 vert ? :D

mpcv2000 said:
Um , so your car must sound like this then..... :p

Something similar. Propably FAR from the power that this guy is putting down but I can relate. If I'd keep the pedal to the floor, I'm pretty sure I'd smoke the tires...Still a pretty cold night tonight also. Like 3*C so worthless of trying to see if it still does that. I'll try tomorrow for sure during the day..

350hp + 245's Kumhos + cold night = :bang:

Kumho = junk

The only reason I bought mine was because they are THE cheapest tire in the 245/50/16 size, (about $110 CDN) and I did want all season for the rain. Really crap tires. Next time I'll spend a little more and get something a little better.

Stangfreak95 said:
I havent met him yet but look forward to. We should definately go on a cruise us all sn95's :nice:

Wow Dan you're selling ? I guess you know what you're doing. How about an 06 Shelby GT instead of that 06 vert ? :D

Yup, a good cruise. Might even do a BBQ at my house this summer.

With just me and the wife at home, I think even my small house is a little big.

Shelby = 1 dead Dan

I think I'd probably end up killing myself with anything more than 400hp. For an "almost" old guy, I like to press the pedal... :nonono:

QCStang said:
Kumho = junk

The only reason I bought mine was because they are THE cheapest tire in the 245/50/16 size, (about $110 CDN) and I did want all season for the rain. Really crap tires. Next time I'll spend a little more and get something a little better.

Yes thats the exact reason why I bought those suckers. Just so I have tires with threads to sell the stang with. I hate them. Should of bought Dr's for the back..