Hitting the dyno in 2 weeks !

Cobracanuck said:
yeah im pretty upset, but ill deal with it.
My engine started to ping at 5000-5300 rpm, so it had to be shut off at that point. The guy doing the pulls (Chris Tapp, owner) didnt want to blow my engine, so he backed up the timing a little bit and finally got one pull in without pinging, but said he didnt give it all, he let up early so he didnt hurt the car.
My one pull was 273.9HP@5250 (shutdown) and 292.3TQ. If you were to look at the dyno graph, HP was still going up when shut down, it really sucks.
Chris told me that i have to run 94 octane from now on (apparently engine cannot handle 91oct ?) and that i should get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. when i do that, Then i will come back and get use of the wideband, and it should help. I am ordering the regualtor this weekend, because i want to go back ASAP to find out my real dyno numbers.

Yeah it sucks man. Check your mass air meter and clean it. There's a sensor in the cold air intake, just before the tb. It's sticking out like 1inch out of the cai. Unscrew it and look how it works. You'll see what I mean. Put it back the "right" way.

What AFPR are you getting ? I suggest Kirban or Accufab.

• Sponsors (?)

Cobracanuck said:
thanks Mario, im going to try that today when im cleaning the car at my parents house.
I was thinking of getting aeromotive afpr, but im definitely open to suggestions....

If I remember correctly a bunch of people who purchased Aeromotive regulators had problem with it. I know Aeromotive makes whole fuel system kits, but if I were you I would get a Kirban. The only reason I went with my Accufab is because the Accufab has an opening to screw a fuel gauge directly in it. I had planed to do this but I had clearance issues with the upper intake. The Kirban is also awesome quality and costs less than the Accufab.