hood clearance issues with this engine?

• Sponsors (?)

Fostang said:
I think they both would and the victor for sure.

Richard Colt 351 has a 351 in his coupe with the vic jr and he needed a cowl hood.

You're right, a cowl hood or functional scoop hood will be need for enough clearance for any kind of air cleaner... I needed a cowl for a 302 with air-gap rpm induction..

its a 351w stroked to a 427.

I thought I might have problems with that intake. I guess im going to have to get something that is a lower profile and port the hell out of it. Suggestions?

Shane

as i recall teh performer rpm is the tallest intake you can use and still run the stock hood, but you need a drop over type air cleaner like those used on big block corvettes.

what about a weiand stealth intake? anyone know dimensions on it? The vic Jr is 5.75" high

The weiand stealth is Height - front 4.37", rear 5.06"

The RPM is 4.3/5.30

Any clerance issues with a vic jr on a 302 under the hood of a 66 mustang?

What about just a performer intake that is HEAVILY ported??

allcarfan said:
what about a weiand stealth intake? anyone know dimensions on it? The vic Jr is 5.75" high

The weiand stealth is Height - front 4.37", rear 5.06"

The RPM is 4.3/5.30

Any clerance issues with a vic jr on a 302 under the hood of a 66 mustang?

What about just a performer intake that is HEAVILY ported??

With a 302 block, you can use the Air-Gap RPM and not worry about porting it. It'll pull your power band up to 1500-6500 rpms from the 0-5500 for the RPM model..... I thought you were going with a 351 block? The deck height is going to snarl you up...

I say yes, I have a 68 with a windsor and RPM intake and Edelbrock carb, and the back of my hood sits up a little because it hits the air cleaner, with the lowest profile filter I could find and a thin nut instead of a wingnut.

pony farm....

im really wanting to do a 351w stroked to a 427. I have the money, just doing the research now. I have the heads also. I have a 4340 eagle 347 crank and a perfect 302 roller block...so if i dont get any positive feedback and have tons of clearance issues with a 351w...I can always build a potent 347.

As I sit here and wonder....I wonder if a complete weber setup would fit under a gt350 hood with a 351w. hmmmmmmm