How does an 02GT compare to a 350z?

dsg03bullitt said:
really all you need is 3.73's ...... and youll only be seeing that 350 in your rearview.......all this bull**** sayin header tb/plenum and full exhaust and **** is bull ....i know from experiance 350z's are slow peices of ****

LOL....yea I agree with you! But the fact is stock for stock.....the 350z is slightly faster! More MPH thru the traps and will pull a stock gt if they both 60ft around the same! The 327 gearing in the gt is weak off the line.......with a better gear in the GT the 350z better have alot of work done to make up 2-3 car lengths...........

"ED"

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.
It really depends is it one of the 06 350Z's with 300hp
or an older one? If you are smart race them from a dig.
Automatic or manual if the guy knows how to drive his 350Z
he or she could put a few car lengths on you in the top end.
From a dig you should be about even.If he has a twin turbo kit
say bye bye! :rlaugh:

dsg03bullitt said:
really all you need is 3.73's ...... and youll only be seeing that 350 in your rearview.......all this bull**** sayin header tb/plenum and full exhaust and **** is bull ....i know from experiance 350z's are slow peices of ****

LOL....yea I agree with you! But the fact is stock for stock.....the 350z is slightly faster! More MPH thru the traps and will pull a stock gt if they both 60ft around the same! The 327 gearing in the gt is weak off the line.......with a better gear in the GT the 350z better have alot of work done to make up 2-3 car lengths...........

"ED"

2003 Geee T said:
The 300 hp 350zs have only 260 tq compared to the older ones with 287 hp and 285 tq or something similar to that.
Agreed the 06 and 07 350Z has more horsepower and slightly less
torque.Their top end pull is quite efficient.The six speed really helps
these cars.

SeanD1111 said:
I also think mine is a factory freak, as I ran a 13.8* (I think it was a 5) in the 1/4 when it was stock almost 5 years ago (some weight savings, no back seat, no spare or jack, and Dr's).
sorry, theres no such thing as a factory freak. thats just a ricer rumor. stock GTs have hit a 13.8 before. a lot depends on the density altitude and weather conditions. plus you had DRs. thats an additional .2+ right there.

nwapache said:
negative Ghostrider....an intake does not a 13 sec stang make....you are about a 14.2-14.8 car. he is upper 13's. You'd need headers, x-pipe, TB/plenum...etc to take him
nope, ive seen a 13 sec 1/4 from a stock 5 spd GT. hell, i ran a 13.72 w/ gears and an x pipe. with headers, plenum/TB, and x pipe, you should be running mid 13s with decent traction on street tires.

my friend has an 03 6-speed and its a drivers race everytime... now that im modded i beat him everytime from a stop and everytime from a roll..

from a stop the tq really comes in handy... i pull immediately in first and hold on to the 1-2 car lead

from a roll... it depends on who hits it first... if he hits it first were gonna stay dead even with me slightly creeping up

if i hit it first hes never catching me but staying right on my ass

stock vs stock it was a drivers race each time with me having the advantage from a stop and him from a roll...