how long have you had your car and how much have you spent?

• Sponsors (?)

Found this one in February 05, $300 to buy, prolly another $700 in parts, motor being done now. Had my first in 87, had one in one form or another ever since then. Its the best platform for the guy who knows how to work on his own car but doesn't want to dread it. Never count you're money while your sitting at the table.:D

I have had the 88 for 22 years, I'm the orginal owner about 95k miles on her now. Over the years
Tires, tune ups, brakes, clutch, radiator, fan and fan clutch and other normal wear and tear items maybe 2 or 3 grand over the years.
Paint job 9 years ago 700.00
Flow masters 15 years ago 300.00
Steeda Triax Shifter 125.00
So over all not so bad.

I bought the 86 in 2003 for 4k
new clutch 400.00
new mufflers and tailpipes, about 400.00
Drag radials 300.00
radiator 200.00
Spare set of SVT wheels (03 cobras) 200.00
Granatelli lower control arms about 200.00
Max motor sport subframes 150.00
Self-inflicted paint job and cervini hood 900.00
So again not to bad. Probably would not trade either of them for twice what I have into them.

I've had a 5.0 since 1996, but the current one only since 2004. I keep pretty thorough accountability of the money I spend on it. Currently have a tad over $30k not including the price of the car.

Had mine for 9 years... had it sitting most of the time invested 12k in it dont see where it all went but its there somewhere in the car....:D. still not done need a new top. need some more to get it running. Thats just in parts i've done all the labor so if you actually add labor, and other supplies that you don't really consided parts for the car but you actually spent on the car..It adds up for example[tools, papertowels,soap,sandpaper,water for cleaning and sanding,Beer,,tape,masking paper.thinner,plastic sheets.beer,snacks,,Paint to repaint the garage after you used it as a paint booth :D,,,electricity for power tools and fans,bandaids,,replacing tools you borrowed that misteriously got lost,food for helping hands,,beers,,driving to get parts(gas)..Paying for fees to get in the JY..beer,lots of ice to keep beers and drinks cool here in AZ.and many other things i must of missed.]So can't really say how much I spent.......:shrug:.......MAN THATS A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME...........BUT ITS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!:nice:

Had mine for 9 years... had it sitting most of the time invested 12k in it dont see where it all went but its there somewhere in the car....:D. still not done need a new top. need some more to get it running. Thats just in parts i've done all the labor so if you actually add labor, and other supplies that you don't really consided parts for the car but you actually spent on the car..It adds up for example[tools, papertowels,soap,sandpaper,water for cleaning and sanding,Beer,,tape,masking paper.thinner,plastic sheets.beer,snacks,,Paint to repaint the garage after you used it as a paint booth :D,,,electricity for power tools and fans,bandaids,,replacing tools you borrowed that misteriously got lost,food for helping hands,,beers,,driving to get parts(gas)..Paying for fees to get in the JY..beer,lots of ice to keep beers and drinks cool here in AZ.and many other things i must of missed.]So can't really say how much I spent.......:shrug:.......MAN THATS A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME...........BUT ITS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!:nice:

Did you mention beer!!

i stopped adding it up years ago. this is a fun thing but when u see what u have spent the fun is gone. i had a bike wreck so that but the brakes on the car. i was doing a bbf with a 101 mm turbo when i had the bike wreck. i had most of the parts to finish the motor and had about 25,000 in the motor and i was looking at about 7,500 to finish it. i was going to have about 50,000 in the car when i was done. a friend added his up and he had about 60,000 in it but it ran a best of a mid 8 1/4. if u need to know what it cost try to find something else to do.

'90: 16 years. Not counting regular maintenance I'd say around $10,000, which, thinking about it now seems absurd. That's only because my priorities have changed. It all seems worth it when I put my right foot down. lol

'92: 5 years and about $3,500. The Pony R's and rebuilt tranny account for a big chunk of that.