How loud will this be?

• Sponsors (?)

Tyson98GT said:
Ok then Loud is good, but what kind of tone am I looking at the x-pipe will be custom and I wasnt sure what kind of headers, any suggestions?
Long tubes. You want Long tubes. They'll help give it a deep rumble type sound down low. Though they'll shout on the high end.

True, SLP's stuff does cost a pretty penny. Maybe you could look at BBK. I'm not sure how their prices compare but I think everyone will tell you to stay away from MAC. They might look good when you put them on but check back in 6mos and I think they'll be rusted to hell :nonono:
~A.C.

What ACSPONY has said is true. I have the Mac headers and yes, they will develop rust. You can reduce this by having them ceramic coated, but that will cost a pretty penny. However, Mac headers do tend to make more hp than the other companies but just a few hp. However, SLP probably is right in there with them in terms of power gains. I vote for the SLP. If you can dig deep, get them. They'll work well with your setup.

Wrapping them would help I'd think to prevent them from rusting. Not driving the car in the winter would surely help as well. I can only tell you what I've heard as I don't own the MAC headers, mine are genuine ford :rolleyes:. Might want to ask Dark Knight how his are holding up.

ACSPONY said:
True, SLP's stuff does cost a pretty penny. Maybe you could look at BBK. I'm not sure how their prices compare but I think everyone will tell you to stay away from MAC. They might look good when you put them on but check back in 6mos and I think they'll be rusted to hell :nonono:
~A.C.

My catted prochamber is over a year old now... no rust looks great. If you want Mac just make sure you get the coated product...

Personally I went with BBK headers, but they aren't on the car yet. But the SLP catback sounds mean with a prochamber.

Ok I think it is between MAC Long Tubes and BBK, but I like MAC from what people say about the power gains, but I don't want them to rust. Will wrapping them and not driving car in the winter be enough?

Ok, so why do Mac's rust so quick or do they rust for some people, because now I am not sure what to think about this whole ordeal. A couple opinions would be nice about the Mac' and BBK's because keep in mind summer driving only.