How many of you have rear disc brakes?

• Sponsors (?)

The rear's don't do as much of the braking as the fronts. They do contribute, but changing from drums to disks alone doesn't really increase your brake performance as much as most hope for. To get the more power, you need to increase the diameter of the front rotors from the stock 11" to 12" or 13"

With all that being said, I want rear disks too...

I've seen this Baer kit that's 12 inch rotors, two piston fronts... that keeps the 4 lug setup... I'd LOVE to have bigger brakes on my car, but refuse to go to 5 lugs (not ditching my 93 Cobras)... Also would look much better with a rear disc setup.... Wondering if anyone has any info on this kit? :)

Yeah... I know from Baer it's like 1200-1300 bucks... I would have a hard time paying that much seeing a Cobra setup is about that... Maybe keep my eyes peeled on ebay for a kit... :nice:

PoopDawg, there are a few companies (Baer, SSBC, Wilwood) that offer big braking in a 4-lug setup. But I am doubting the clearance those Cobra rims.

Anyway, I have the 13"/12" Bullitt setup and I love it. I was leary of spending the money and time but I was all smiles when it was all finished.

PoopDawg said:
I've seen this Baer kit that's 12 inch rotors, two piston fronts... that keeps the 4 lug setup... I'd LOVE to have bigger brakes on my car, but refuse to go to 5 lugs (not ditching my 93 Cobras)... Also would look much better with a rear disc setup.... Wondering if anyone has any info on this kit? :)

http://www.streetortrack.com/baer-brakes.asp

Classictube will have better prices but no pictures.

Thing is I would be doing a swap really just for looks... I can lock the front tires in my car now if I step on the brake pedal with a decent amount of force, so bigger brakes wouldn't help in my situation.... And the 93 Cobra wheels aren't very open to see pretty brakes.... So I dunno. lol :)

ssbc rear kit.same as cobra and turbo coupe.only reason i did it was i got the kit for dirt cheap.works pretty good too.

Attachments

• car 020.jpg
    car 020.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 126
you have a good point. How much faster can you stop if you can lock up the brakes without much pedal effort?? I would say get yourself good shoes and pads and call it good. All this said with a rear disc conversion waiting on install.

I would do a little research before I wrote off buying brakes. I was being sarcastic with my previous post. I believe it's the stopping ability before you lock up the brakes that makes a difference. And believe me, it's a huge differecne.

If bigger brakes were worth nothing, I would think we would see Nascar and IRL running the fabulous 10" single piston front, and 9" rear drum package made famous by the Fox Mustang. I don't think so.