How to i.d. police 87 notch?

• Sponsors (?)

blue silicon hoses and regardless if it was a cop car, they are all the same except for the exterior add-ons. Certainly not worth anymore money unless your restoring a cop car :D

sbftech said:
blue silicon hoses and regardless if it was a cop car, they are all the same except for the exterior add-ons. Certainly not worth anymore money unless your restoring a cop car :D

Well, some did come with upgraded alternators and tranny/oil coolers, and some did come with roll cages which can be a nice addition if you're going racing anyways. The only downfall is that you know the cars have been driven and driven hard (unless you're fortunate enough to find an Airforce/FBI Mustang, but those are RARE) but as the saying goes, cars that are driven hard from day one are usually the fastest.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Well, some did come with upgraded alternators and tranny/oil coolers, and some did come with roll cages which can be a nice addition if you're going racing anyways. The only downfall is that you know the cars have been driven and driven hard (unless you're fortunate enough to find an Airforce/FBI Mustang, but those are RARE) but as the saying goes, cars that are driven hard from day one are usually the fastest.
thats why every taxi in chicago is an old cop car, they are beat to death. Police dump them at 80-90k and they are ridden harddddddddddddd

sbftech said:
thats why every taxi in chicago is an old cop car, they are beat to death. Police dump them at 80-90k and they are ridden harddddddddddddd

True true.....my car has an unknown amout of mileage....the tach reads 32Kish but who knows if it's 132k or 232k. The odometer never worked when i got it and i have yet to fix it. To my knowledge, my car is still running the stock engine, and i race the balls off it and it doesn't even smoke at redline.

Bottom line, if the car is worth the asking price, SSP or not, then it's worth it, or it's not worth it. You have to look at the rest of the car and not focus on the SSP part.